Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Book Sale. 1st Saturday of EVERY month. Tallaght Arts Centre

Options
  • 02-05-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭

Hey, just a heads up. Theres a monthly book sale up in The Tallaght Arts Centre in Tallaght Village (just across from the AIB and Leisureplex Bowling Alley). Theres must be thousands of books, & are at very low prices as they're 2nd hand. I was at it last month and its quite good. They even have a few good CDs and videos. It runs from 10am to 4pm anyway if anyone is interested. The next one is this Saturday.

Eóin

ps it also accepts book donations, so bring any old ones you have if you want. some people turn up with a full box of books and leave with another box full!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

just a reminder, this is on tomorrow for anyone interested in getting good books for next to nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

I'm considering going tomorrow and hopefully your thousands of books is not an exaggeration ;)

Any tips on getting to it from the city centre? i'm gonna google bus/luas but thought i'd ask

the 77A goes right past it, i think the 77 goes near too. the village is a few mins walk from the LUAS stop at the square tho.

eh, across from the Arts Centre theres an xtra vision at the corner. its on the road that leads to the Sean Maguire park, i think its called. Basically, if u find the AIB, if the AIB is on your left, then diagonally across to your right is a row of small businesses. sure you'll see a table outside with a few books in it and a big sign saying "Book Sale". i'd draw a map only im in a hurry out of here now. hope you can find it anyway.

oh actually, the arts centre number is 4621501 if ur stuck. they'll more than happily give you any directions you need!

ps theres definately over a thousand books, but im not sure if theres over 2000 to qualify for "thousands" of books! haha. enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

How did this go anyone? Only just read this thread now, so missed it. Wouldn't mind but I was up at Tallaght hospital at 2pm, so could have nipped in. If its good, I might head to the next one!

Just a reminder, this is on again next week. I might actually be running it this time though so come down and I might give ya a freebie! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It'll be July before I get to go. :( There are times when the 75 really is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

So the next one is Saturday 3rd June in the arts centre between 10am-4pm?

If so can you wear a big badge with The_B_Man written on it so I can bum a free book outa you. What kind of stuff you got. I would be looking for political / historical / horror / fantasy stuff so I would be righteously pissed off if I went out and found a big fuc.k off pile of mills and boon middle age woman romance books looking back at me.

Saturday 3rd of June, ye.

haha as for the granny novels, I'm assuming theres some there but there's definately other book genres there too. sure come down and have a browse. Worst comes to worst, you can get a CD. there's a few decent ones there too.

Also, this book sale survives on donations so if you want some extra room in your house, feel free to bring along your old books!

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

How about a book swap. I could do with a few donations to survive myself. Could bring you out a bag load of books in exchange for maybe half that amount in return.
    You get to double your books and sell them off and I get a few new reads FOC. ;)

Id probably only take one or two off your hands anyway,wouldn't take anything I wouldn't read just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

I'll be there this month

honest!

• Advertisement

not sure bout the book swap thing. though im sure u could swap them...especially if u swap them for cash! ;)

just a reminder, this is on tomorrow for anyone interested in getting good books for next to nothing! :D

Advertisement