Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Vs. Wolverine

Options
  • 02-05-2006 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Simple who would win.It's a tough one I've been debating for years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

It would depend. If Batman and Wolverine were just to run in to each other on the street and start scrapping, Batman would not be able to win the fight; the healing and adamantium bones would easily nullify anything Batman could do to him, and Wolverine's claws would make him an extremely dangerous opponent.

On the other hand, if they are to be fighting at all, it is almost certain that Batman would have seen this confron tation coming and would have prepared for it. That is how Batman was able to defeat Superman in various stories; by anticipating the fight and thus preparing. I'm not sure exactly what he would use, but I would guess that he would break out some ultra-sonics, electronics, etc or some other techy gadgets to immoblise Wolverine.

I'd be betting on Batman anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Hey punisher beat wolverine, why not batman!

bombidol wrote:
    Hey punisher beat wolverine, why not batman!
    Because Batman would not have blasted Wolverine in the balls with a shotgun or parked a steam-roller on him?!?

Seriously, Punisher attacked Wolverine when Wolverine was not defending himselj, just talking. Not really Batman's style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Why not "amalgamate" them? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Claw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Strength=Wolverine

Intelligence=Batman

You'd have to set up certain tasks to make it fair because both of them have certain advantages over each other,and Batman is just human while wolverine is modified...but Bruce Wayne is quite intelligent while Wolverine is prone to his animalistic side...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

your all over thinking it wolverine jumps in
    batman thinks of a plan
    wolerine guts batman
    the end

for more anti bat fun
    http://www.biggercheese.com/index.php?comic=608

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

first off, batman may shoot him in the balls if he knew he wouldnt kill him

second, lets not get into comparative beatings, cause wolverline beat lobo in marvel vs dc, and lobo is about as tough as supes

third, superman would kick eithers ass. the only reason that bats beat him before is cause supes is usually holding back his full power.....walking on eggshells and such

and lastly, god mixing bats and wolverine was a good idea. ive got to track down a copy of marvel vs dc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

lobo only lost because prof. x bribed him to take a fall.

second, lets not get into comparative beatings, cause wolverline beat lobo in marvel vs dc, and lobo is about as tough as supes

third, superman would kick eithers ass. the only reason that bats beat him before is cause supes is usually holding back his full power.....walking on eggshells and such

and lastly, god mixing bats and wolverine was a good idea. ive got to track down a copy of marvel vs dc.
    What you're saying about Superman walking on egg-shells is the entire point, and you're glossing over it like it doesn't matter.
    Superman could no more unleash his full power on Batman than Batman could move "faster than a speeding bullet" or "divert the course of mighty rivers" or "vault a tall building in a single bound." SUPERMAN'S WEAKNESS IS THE FACT THAT HE HOLDS BACK! His strengths are his speed, heat vision, arctic breath, invunerability, etc. Batman's strengths are his incredible (yet human) physique and training, his intelligence, his vast array of weapons and gadgets, and most importantly, his determination. This is why he beats Superman, and why he would beat Wolverine. Do not act like Superman's personality is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

King Mob wrote:

I was going to post that link. It was about the only worthwhile contribution I could muster for this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Ok sure Batman may mess somebody up but no way would Batman shoot
    somebody. Batman doesn't do guns!

( I'll bet some smartarse is about to prove me wrong )

As for who would win, that depends on the situation.
    In a fight to the death Wolverine, Batman doesn't kill.
    Otherwise Bats is just too well prepared.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Ok sure Batman may mess somebody up but no way would Batman shoot
    somebody. Batman doesn't do guns!

( I'll bet some smartarse is about to prove me wrong )

As for who would win, that depends on the situation.
    In a fight to the death Wolverine, Batman doesn't kill.
    Otherwise Bats is just too well prepared.

1. I didn't even read it, but towards the end of Infinite Crisis Batman threatens to shoot Alexander Luthor. (He doesn't do it because Wonder Woman tells him not to, although considering DKR Batman breaks the Mutant leader in bits and dangles someone from the top of a skyscraper to get information out of them, this argument could go on for ages.

2. I think there's too many different takes on Batman to get a definitive yes/no answer on whether he'd kill someone, regardless of whether a gun is involved).

3. I'm not sure whether you clicked the "anti-Batman fun" link above, but saying something like "Bats is too well prepared" only hurts your cause. Preparation is all very well, but in the event of a drunken wolverine disembowelling you in the pub for eg spilling his pint, it doesn't really help.

(Argh, why am I even contributing to this thread?!?)

Wacker wrote:
    What you're saying about Superman walking on egg-shells is the entire point, and you're glossing over it like it doesn't matter.
    Superman could no more unleash his full power on Batman than Batman could move "faster than a speeding bullet" or "divert the course of mighty rivers" or "vault a tall building in a single bound." SUPERMAN'S WEAKNESS IS THE FACT THAT HE HOLDS BACK! His strengths are his speed, heat vision, arctic breath, invunerability, etc. Batman's strengths are his incredible (yet human) physique and training, his intelligence, his vast array of weapons and gadgets, and most importantly, his determination. This is why he beats Superman, and why he would beat Wolverine. Do not act like Superman's personality is irrelevant.

well i guess the fight would depend on the circumstances then wouldnt it.

my line of thought was that if the two were told, right at the end of this fight, even if someone gets killed, everyone goes back to normal.

and besides, there have been circumstances when supes has unleashed alot of power without killing, ie against the hulk and darkseid. im not saying that he has problem regulating his powers, im saying that he has a lot in reserve and if needs be, could use it. lets not forget he has killed before in extreme circumstances

superman unleashes his power, end of story.

and he would not beat wolverine. if bane can break bats in two, wolverine can defo take him down. so if ur asking who would win in a fight between a man, albeit a highly motviated and determined man, and a mutant with 'unchartered regenerative capabilities' and practically unbreakable/unremovable weapons, then id go for the latter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

wolverine ftw, can't be killed really

in theory he can. he just hasnt yet.

wolverine v superman. now thats a horse of a different colour

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Superman's invunerability would easily match Wolverine's healing factor which would then make it a straight out matter of stamina, and as long as the sun is shining Superman probably isn't going to tire that quickly. Add in his heat vision the melt the adamantium from Wolverine's bones and Supermn would walk away the clear winner, literally without even so much as a scratch.

agreed, fly up 10 metres, and use heat vision sniper style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tsukanda

Hm. Yup, it would mostly depend on the motivation behind the fight. Also the circumstances surrounding it.

Because Batman wouldn't kill Wolverine (well?), he could only win by two ways: politics and knock out. Once again, the politics point depends on the motivation etc behind the fight. Wolverine can't be knocked out easily, but that doesn't mean he can't be knocked out. Pummelled, poisoned sufficiently, or healing factor removed. Because mutants don't exist in the DC world (do they?) Batman wouldn't be able to just whip out an anti-mutation-thing to negate the healing factor without quite a lot of preparation (in which time could Wolverine hunt him down, hmm?). Other ways of removing Wolverine's healing factor would be, for Batman, coincidence. "Golly, look at that..." etc. Could Batman pummell Wolverine the good old-fashioned way? Probably not. So poison? And enough poison... of course Batman would need to know this from the get-go. Buh.

Alternatively, Wolverine -- snikt -- win.

To be honest it's a pointless question. Both could win in various situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

wolverine ftw, can't be killed really
    Well Xiaver has a file on each of the x-men and how to kill each one should the need arise, his one for wolverine involved cutting his head off (we found this out when onslaught had emerged, the files were kept on that island off scotland).

Superman is faster than wolverine so he can simply come up at super speed and bend his adamantium bones into a ball (I doubt wolvies healing factor would straighten them out). Could supes even be cut by his claws? I'd suspect not, but then Im not a superman expert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Probably not, Superman has to shave by using his heat vision and part of the problem with cloning him after his death was they couldn't cut into his skin to get a blood or tissue sample, so yeah Wolverine's a gonner from the very first 'snikt'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Wolverine-with a little help from his friends:D

Advertisement