Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costing Foundations

Options
  • 02-05-2006 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

folks,

Does anyone know how I would estimate the cost of a strip foundation for a new build? How would I figure out how much concrete, filling etc I need. Also does anyone have any idea how much radon barriers and sumps cost. Approx. I know this is one of those 'length of a piece of string questions, but any help would be greatly apreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Foundations are normally 3 times the width of the wall and about 300mm deep. So thats 900mm x 300mm = .27 of a cubic meter per linear metre.
    So every cubic metre of concrete (€85) will give you 3.7 linear metres of foundation. Thats about €23 per linear metre.

You need 4 pieces of 12mm re-bar (steel) per linear metre which costs about €6.50 for 6 metres. Thats about €4.50 per linear metre.

Better to calculate steel and concrete @ €30/linear metre.

We build with 200mm Poroton blocks which are lighter so we use foundations which are 600mm x 300mm. They are a self insulating warm block.

Advertisement