Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last medsoc event of the year

Options
  • 02-05-2006 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Was trying to find the thread about events and such but couldnt find it so decided it deserved its own thread.

Time:7.30
    Date: Tonight 2nd may

Debate on working hours,pay and training for junior docs. Mary Harney,George Hook,chairmen of the irish medical org,medical council and Irish patients asoociation and some med student speakers (unfortunatly not panda)

If anyones intrested feel free to come along...sure it'l be a nice break from the study anyway:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I was going to try and get people to go to that, want to throw rotten cabbages at mary horney over certain bannings and general hating her, what's the odds on her trying it on with mr. hook??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote:
    mary horney ??

is there something your trying to tell us humbert???
    I suppose whatever turns you on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Thinking of going if I manage to get my ass in gear and do some study today. I likes Hooky, and I am a debate nerd....it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

year there is quite a line up of important people to abuse.......... and medsoc will be highly embarassed if nobody turns up....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I might go ... I really like Hooky, and my experiences of the health service in Ireland have made me really annoyed and angry about how it operates. Also, Harney has refused on at least one occassion to go Hook's radio show so it should be interesting to see him chair a debate she's participating in. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

aww... im in work. i love hookey :(

(notice that im not using capitals anymore... that's cos my left index finger is still infected, so it hurts to hold down shift :( *weeps*)

DaveMcG wrote:
    aww... im in work. i love hookey :(

(notice that im not using capitals anymore... that's cos my left index finger is still infected, so it hurts to hold down shift :( *weeps*)

wouldn't you hold down the shift key with your pinky? :confused:

That's how i type anyway

Spot the one finger typest:D

lol :p

Nah, I'm usually a fast typist, and I touch type ;)

I generally use my pinky or ring finger to hold down shift, but then I have to use my middle finger or index to press the key to be capitalised. so that hurts now :(

(got a bit confused, thought i used my index to press down shift, cos i couldn't demonstrate :/)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Might go to it but I'm all the way out in ET at the mo so don't know if I'll be able to drag my lazy self out there. Should be a really good debate though, kudos to MedSoc for getting that line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

BTW panda do you know who the med student speakers are?

Ah crap, there's med speakers, still haven't recovered from that law soc fisco:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Byrno wrote:
    BTW panda do you know who the med student speakers are?

Donal O' Connor, who was the Med Soc auditor last year and just finished his finals, will be speaking. There'll be loads of time at the end for people who want to ask questions.

Should be a great event. Here's what we sent out to everyone:

“Doctors’ new working hours: A better health service or medical emergency?” will feature a panel of high profile guests, including:

An Tanaiste Mary Harney TD, Minister for Health and Children
    Dr Mick Molloy, NCHD Chair, Irish Medical Organisation
    Dr John Hillery, Chairperson, Irish Medical Council
    Mr Stephen McMahon, Chairperson, Irish Patients’ Organisation
    Professor John Crown, Consultant Oncologist, St Vincent’s University Hospital
    Dr Philip Nolan, Registrar, University College Dublin

Special Guest Chair: Mr George Hook, Presenter, Newstalk 106FM

Hope to see you there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

I wanted to go to this but my bf is coming 2 visit so hes kinda d priority!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

nursebetty wrote:
    I wanted to go to this but my bf is coming 2 visit so hes kinda d priority!

Have you not learnt anything from the love in UCD thread??!! Having fun is the priority and medsoc events always are.:)

Id say Ronan s will be talking too.Donal's a great public speaker and v.funny so it should be intresting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Anybody want to meet up at the blob beforehand? :)

I do! I was wondering who I was going to force into going with me!

panda100 wrote:
    Have you not learnt anything from the love in UCD thread??!! Having fun is the priority and medsoc events always are.:)

Id say Ronan s will be talking too.Donal's a great public speaker and v.funny so it should be intresting!!

Ha! If you knew what Jen's boyfriend looked like you wouldn't say that!

I'll meet at the blob too, when?

humbert wrote:
    I'll meet at the blob too, when?

7.20 dear

• Advertisement

I'll be there:)

humbert wrote:
    I'll be there:)

Cool, but you're still square :p

Don't talk to me about squares, stupid adv calculus and crappily verbose notes, Yea crappily, I said it.

I know I'm very very square, and not funny:(

humbert wrote:
    Don't talk to me about squares, stupid adv calculus and crappily verbose notes, Yea crappily, I said it.

I know I'm very very square, and not funny:(

*hug*, don't worry, it'll all be okay, I just whoopsidentally kicked the girl sitting across from me, you couldn't possibly be doing any worse than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Will miss it waching tv. Ah well can't be helped.

Thank gawd it's @ 7.30, cos I listen to Hookie from 6-7 when I'm in work! If he were absent to take part in this charade, I'd have some serious medical ass to whoop :mad:

7:20 then, ye better not be late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Im gonna go... i might be a bit late -if I am I'll look out for the nerds in the front row :p

So Hermione, Humbert, Scraggs and I went...it was a pretty good show by Medsoc.

Oh....except for the part where Panda didn't invite us to the free wine reception. She doesn't love us!!! *sobs*

• Advertisement

Yea not good enough cuz we're not meds, or too good cuz we're in physics:rolleyes:

Advertisement