Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last medsoc event of the year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

How were the unlikely couple of Hooky and Mary?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

They didn't really get the chance to address each other, pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Humbert: "Is Mary Harney married?"

Me/Scraggs: "Yeah"

Humbert: "It's true, there is somebody for everyone"

We really should have a quotes thread.

What can I say I don't like the woman, is this liable?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That's classic, didn't hear him say that! ;)

• Advertisement

Oh it was while we were at the blog, might have been before you came along!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

elmyra wrote:
    Humbert: "Is Mary Harney married?"

Me/Scraggs: "Yeah"

Humbert: "It's true, there is somebody for everyone"
    She was alright back in the day.......................................................................................................................................................:o

She was alright back in the day.......................................................................................................................................................:o
    Hang your head in shame, dude. Eww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ahh yih still would!

DaveMcG wrote:
    ahh yih still would!
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

• Advertisement

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
    Not my fault that JOO RODE MARY HARNEY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

DaveMcG wrote:
    Not my fault that JOO RODE MARY HARNEY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    GET OUT OF MY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Seriously, that mental image is minging in the extreme. Cheers for that(!)...

good day sir :)

DaveMcG wrote:
    good day sir :)
    I hate you.

Now now Gavan, you know you would...

Get thee to the confessions thread and admit your dirty lustings for An Tanaiste...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

My mum claims that Mary Harney isnt half as fat in real life as she looks on the tv. I dont believe her, but does anyone who went want to clarify for me? She's still a fat mess, right?

She's fat but Irish fat not texas fat, in other words you walk past her without feeling the need to call greenpeace:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Heya guys.....well as usual panda and her mates came late so I was sitting up at the back on the other side from you guys. There was loadsa meds and docs there that I hadnt seen in yonks.....was a right old reunion....so while I was trying to go from my side of the lecture theatre to the boardies side to say hello ,I got stopped by about a million people and when I got over there you were gone!
    Dont worry I had a glass wine for each of you at the wine reception:) ah no seriously though they sorta kept the wine reception hush hush so I think it was just for meds.....sorry guys!!

So all in all the debate was intresting.A lot of questions unanswered though.Mary Harney had no real constructive answers. I had a really good question to ask at the end about female medics but donal brennan was the last question so I didnt get the chance:( Some of the questions were a bit silly though and hed no relevance to the debate at hand which was annoying for the people who wanted to ask real medical related questions.

Hookie was as usual legendary.Was a really intresting mix of speakers and thoroughly enjoyable-wahoo go medsoc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

panda100 wrote:
    Mary Harney had no real constructive answers.

Hardly a shock is it? Thank christ I didn't know about this debate or I would gone along and layed into her (no, not in a Firespinner type of way! ;) ) over her inept performance as minister for health. Grrr she makes me angry! :mad:

• Advertisement

no, not in a Firespinner type of way! ;)
    Argh... now THAT I woulda gone to see!

Really??:eek:

no, not in a Firespinner type of way! ;)

Wanting to see that is equally as disturbing as Firespinner laying it into Mary Harney........ over the health service! ;)

Wanting to see that is equally as disturbing as Firespinner laying it into Mary Harney........ over the health service! ;)
    Do you mean, like, using it as some sort of bedding or cushion? I'd have thought the very fact that it was Mary Harney eliminated that need...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Thanks for coming everyone, I *think* I saw Scraggs up the back, but can't be sure. Anyway I was the guy in the blue striped shirt at the bottom:)

It was a great night from our end, we were delighted with the quality of the information put forward by the medics, and the fact that loads of doctors turned up will mean a lot next year when we plan similar events. Mary Harney gave a real politicians talk, but what else were we gonna get? That said she is one of the most progressive Health Ministers we've ever had, so we know that we're getting there, slowly.
    Panda100 wrote:
    Some of the questions were a bit silly though and had no relevance to the debate at hand which was annoying for the people who wanted to ask real medical related questions.

Yea, that really annoyed me. Last night was about med students and junior doctors getting answers about their futures, lots of people had questions that could've been asked without this ****.

Yea, that really annoyed me. Last night was about med students and junior doctors getting answers about their futures, lots of people had questions that could've been asked without this ****.

Agree...but we can see from this (http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php?story_id=1120) that some people had a different agenda and it was neither the time nor the place....

But anywho,was great craic all in all,was some really high profile docs there as well in the audience which was a shocker!
    p.s bigjimthefirst...burn those photos paparrazo extrodinare:D

I'm so glad that site exists, it makes them so much easier to ignore by simple not visiting it.

That said she is one of the most progressive Health Ministers we've ever had, so we know that we're getting there, slowly.

Please say you're taking the piss? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I was really hoping Hookie tackle Harney about the Health Service more, but he interpreted his position as chair as chairing the debate, not contributing to it :rolleyes: One of his more foolish assertions, up there with all those times he's gone to Thomond Park to tell us Munster haven't a hope of winning ... then we do!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

panda100 wrote:
    Some of the questions were a bit silly though and hed no relevance to the debate at hand which was annoying for the people who wanted to ask real medical related questions.

Lol. I presume this is directed at me.

Advertisement