Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexandrine Parakeet and ornate cage for sale

Options
  • 02-05-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Due to relocation we have a beautiful Alexandrine Parakeet for sale with her very large cage. Willing to sell seperately. Large hamster cage with many accessories also for sale (without hamster!) Wooden dog kennel for midsized dog also for sale. Contact Di if interested in any of the above @ 086 2171872:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can you give me some more details on the parrot - how old, how tame is she? Where abouts are you? & what kind of money are you looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kidi

Hi Bond 007! She is quite tame, but does not always like to be rubbed or petted but will happily sit and nibble your ear for long periods! We have 3 children and they regularly take her out on their arm etc..We have had her for 2 years and were told that she was 2 when we got her. She has mastered a few sounds, wolf whistles etc..but with training I imagine you could teach her some more! We are in the meath/dublin area and are looking for around 250 for bird + cage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Gawd I wish I had the cash for her right now.
    If you ever decide that you just want a good quick home for her PLEASE let me know.
    Only assuming if fayes not interested of course. She also would offer a good home.

b

No problem Frankfurter! If we don't manage to secure a home for her I'll be in touch! A couple of pet stores have been interested but not too sure she would get the attention..
    I'll keep you posted!
    Di

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Thnx Di,
    Yeah, pet stores not ever really a good idea, usually only "looked after" by inexperienced kids an get very minimum of attention, will also tell ya anything they have to- to get your bird, specially parrots.

If money is a vital issue (I know relocation can be draining financially), I would always recommend somone from here with a decent postcount, that way its a lot easier to make sure they are not a pet-store owner or breeder, looking to make a quick euro.

besta luck with your move, did it myself last year, big upheaval I know.
    All I can say from experience is be extremely strict with yourself when packing, dont bring anything you havent used in 6 weeks because you will only be bringing something that will sit unused taking up space in your new place.
    I had to be so strict with myself and *still* ended up bringing too much junk which I then had to get rid of after the fact when I *could* have just left it there.

Oh and another tip, I know its tempting but dont move a muscle till your cable tv, phone / net, gas etc has *already* been turned on and moved to your own name, is SO much hassle to do after the fact.

b :)

• Advertisement

Cheers B! Thanks fot the tips! Yeah have begun a huge clearout...we're hopefully moving down under so want to bring as little as possible! I'll be doing plenty of wheeling and dealing 'til then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How soon do you need her to be sold? - I am waiting for a large invoice to be paid but am not sure how long that will take - never work for the council!

Where abouts are you based? I currently keep & breed, budgie, cockateils, lovebirds - I keep the following & hope that one day they will breed, african greys, crimson rosellas, ring necks & I have 1 lone australian king parrot.

That's quite a selection..I love the African Greys...great little talkers! I've a few other ads running so we'll see how it goes but I'll keep you posted if you want?

All the best

Di

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

hi how much for the hamster cage how big is it

It's about 12" wide by 24" long and 8" high approximately..will have exact measurement when I dind either a ruler or tape! It has a tunnel, ladder, house, wheel and perhaps a few other bits and bobs! 25 euro for the lot and we are in the meath/dublin area.
    Di
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement