Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana

• 02-05-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

ne body ere lik nirvana? if so write 2 me plz!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

im kinda into them. Think Kurt is a very basic guitarist but his lyrics are great. Dave Grohl is just DAve grohl so that would be enough for me to like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i love them, all the albums, i have posters, books, t-shirt, video - best band ever IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah nirvana is timeless

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

Great Band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Were my teenage band and have a portrait of Kurt tattoo'd on my chest but not really my thing anymore. I'll always have a soft spot for them though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

XxedelhxX wrote:
    ne body ere lik nirvana? if so write 2 me plz!!:)

Try that again, but this time, in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

I'm sure not many people "lik" nirvana. I don't think the surviving members would like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Ag marbh wrote:
    Were my teenage band and have a portrait of Kurt tattoo'd on my chest but not really my thing anymore. I'll always have a soft spot for them though...

get an elvis tat right beside it fred durst styleee....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Changed my life.

get an elvis tat right beside it fred durst styleee....

I can respect Elvis but he wasn't a life changing musician for me during my teens and I wouldn't even call Fred Durst a musician so em no :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Ha Fred Durst life changing...jeez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

I'm a big fan of Bleach but the other stuff never really appealed to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

i love nirvana, they were the first band i ever really listened to.Since i was around 5 or 6 whenever i was out in my coussins house that and metallica was all that was played, Loved nirvana straight from the off(the metal came later).Sick of them now to be honest ive heard every song too many times but theyl always be a soft spot for them in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Went through a phase when I was younger where they meant the world to me, Kurt was my hero etc etc etc. Then I grew older and got into better music (imo). Don't listen to Nirvana anymore now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Was big into them, still have time for bleach when I'm drunk ;)

I hate the whole "ugh he's a crap guitarist" stuff to the point of anger. He wasn't actually too bad, and he accomplished a lot with what he had. It's usually people who think they're ****ing Vai or something who would say that though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Kurt was a good guitarist in that his riffs were unbelievably infectious, rather than being complicated. If your looking for a bad musician in this band its Krist.:p
    Nirvana, for me, started everything musicwise. I think In Utero is their masterpiece album but I do still like a bit of Bleach every now and then

Hey Krist played Lounge Act, that's cool enough in my book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's nowhere to hide for anyone who sucks in three piece band. He's a decent bassist and no mistake.

Yea i used to think he was poor, but then i saw some footage of him playing in the nirvana box set and around the net and my opinion dramaticly changed, not the greatst but hes good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Try that again, but this time, in English.

having trouble understanding? give it another go. slower this time.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:
    having trouble understanding? give it another go. slower this time.

Well, since we have a smart ass, let me state it bluntly: No text speak in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Why can't we all just get along *cries*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

I haven't listened to nirvana for years

but they changed my life and i'll always love them. They were the band that did it for me and turned me onto the music I like now.

in utero is a master piece and when I hear songs from that album from time to time it sends shivers down my spine. Stunning stuff.

Kurt's playing taught me to play too, just the fun basic loud raw style that I love.

Great band, I have a lot of time for them even though I don't listen to them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

man i loved them when i was about 12...
    own'd every album, read his journals, tracked down interviews, even grew my long ass blonde hair.

pity i realised later how shit they are.

really, really, just ... not that good a band at all.

at all.

they're awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

An objective fact, then?

mawk wrote:
    man i loved them when i was about 12...
    own'd every album, read his journals, tracked down interviews, even grew my long ass blonde hair.

pity i realised later how shit they are.

really, really, just ... not that good a band at all.

at all.

they're awful.

Ah now, at least say why...

It bothers me when people say he was a bad guitarist too. His riffs are easy to learn but it's not easy to come up with them.

The problem is a lot of people rate guitarists on how fast they can shread, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT SPEED OR ABILITY PEOPLE, i mean its a part but writing cathcy tunes is a very important part of being a guitarist.

Patricide wrote:
    The problem is a lot of people rate guitarists on how fast they can shread, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT SPEED OR ABILITY PEOPLE, i mean its a part but writing cathcy tunes is a very important part of being a guitarist.

I agree and disagree with you there.

Songwriting is definetly a much needed talent in music, but even then I don't think Cobain really did anything fantastic. Sure, he wrote some great catchy little songs, but they really just followed the tired old verse/chorus/verse/chorus/verse pop song formula. There really was no great songwriting talent there at all in my opinion.

Of course, if all you want from music is a catchy little song, then sure, Nirvana was great. But it just wasn't for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Used to love them, I still like them now but I have to say that they are criminally over-rated. IMO they weren't even in the top 3 bands from seattle at that time, never mind the the top few in the world, or one of the greatest ever.

They have left a legacy but their music isn't as special or life defining as it is made out to be (thats just my personal opinion!)

Advertisement