Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Fined For Blood At Backlash

• 02-05-2006 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Date Added: May 01, 2006
    Story By: Niel Stephens
    The boxing and wrestling inspectors from the commission for the state of Kentucky is prepared to issue eight or nine violations for the use of blood at the Backlash PPV. Prior to the event, the WWE was warned against the use of blood, but of course, simply ignored the warning. Violators of the juicing rule are subject to fines, and in extreme cases, the promoter or promotion could lose their license in the state. Participants that violate the rule are also subject to a fine. Since blood was used in a few of the matches, those that participated in the match are subject to a violation. Additionally, Ohio Valley Wrestling was recently hit with a violation for using a non-licensed wrestler. In this case, the promotion and the participant were fined separately

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=17633/articles/news

Even while I was watching it...I did think that it was the first WWE ppv in a long time where their was ALOT of blood....especially in the main event...triple h is was bleeding profusely

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

ah i think it's just certain civil servants getting uppity and liking their importance, we've never really heard of this being a huge problem before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I still find it very hard to believe that wrestling is governed by athletics commissions. Ricoculous

JR did mention that this was the first event they'd had in Kentucky for a good while. I don't think you usually hear about it because other states aren't so strict about blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Several years ago, Vince admitted publicly for the first time that wrestling was fake, in order to remove the WWF from the control of the various commissions. Unless those commissions have changed their remit, or have proof that wrestling is real afterall, there really isn't a lot they can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

OVW, which is in the state of Kentucky have started to use hollywood blood packs now instead of juicing - probably has something to do with the strict rules in that particular state (I heard this on an a PWI audio report a mate sent me). Seems to be the way things are set to go in the future, particularly when you consider the Bob Orton scandal and the general greater emphasis on long-term health in sports.

Advertisement