Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB shops

Options
  • 02-05-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey, i'm thinking about buying a new mtb but i don't know any good shops in the cork region. any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Hmmm. Do you just want a bike for commuting? Or do you want a beginner or better "real" mtb? Just shop around the different places until you find a good deal on the budget bikes if that's your thing. Some places may carry ranges that others don't. To be honest they'll all probably be around the same mark on the same bike. If it was me, I'd go with names that have been around awhile - Trek, Giant, Claude Butler. There are a few other names that would be fine but some stuff is really gimmicky. I'd recommend buying off the most "sound" shop, or one you've heard others local to you say good things about. Some places can really seem like you're inconveniencing them by trying to buy a bike.

Kilgrews (off north main street) and Hardings (off douglas street near the cruiscin lan pub) are the established places with the biggest stock of higher spec mtbs. There is a new guy in town, he has a shop in Limerick too. The Cork branch is in the Northpoint Industrial estate near Blackpool. Haven't seen the Cork branch but I spoke to the guy in his Limerick branch and he seems sound. These 3 shops obviously do the budget ranges as well. There are (were?) also two shops in Waterford with a big stock of higher spec bikes.

How's that for info? I can recommend a place in Killarney aswell?
    Any questions, fire away...

Advertisement