Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toledo TDI

Options
  • 02-05-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Any views on the Seat Toledo TDI 1.9S? (110BHP) anyone got one?

Thinking of picking one up, just want to know if would be a good idea.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nice car def nothing wrong with it

theres a really nice leon for sale in the members market at the moment if youd prefer a hatchback

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hey,

Cheers

I have a good 2000 Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI with 64,000 miles for sale, asking €7,000. I'll PM you my number if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hey,

Cheers

The Toledo is a saloon version of the Leon and is based on the previous VW Golf/Bora and Skoda Octavia. The Toledo is definately the nicest looking of those cars. The 1.9 TDi is a VW unit and the 110bhp version is very nippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm surprised! Three replies so far and no sign of the inevitable twit who'll say that Seats have dodgy electrics. Anyone else noticed the amount of Golfs out there with one or both tail/brake lights faulty?

I had a Leon for two years. Rock solid, economical and a pleasure to drive. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Leon/Toledo (I presume we're talking about the previous generation, not the current eyesore). Mine was a 1.4 Leon so I can only imagine the TDi being better. 'Tis what I would have had next if I hadn't decided to go for an automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

One thing I'd say is that if you are going to be using a lot of crap country roads you may not want to get this car. There tends to be a lot of, ehm, scraping on dodgy roads from these.
    I have a Leon - great car except for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I have the Leon 110 tdi, and have also driven the toledo 110. In a previous post of yours, I recommended the Seat as the 1st choice, and I will say you wont be disappointed.

If I had a gripe, it would be the limited amount of legroom for rear passengers.

The plus'es though far outweigh this - 55mpg average, very good performance, and on the better specced models climate control, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, auto-dim mirror, full electrics, alloys, etc..

Make sure the timing belt has been replaced, or work this into the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

gyppo wrote:
    I have the Leon 110 tdi, and have also driven the toledo 110. In a previous post of yours, I recommended the Seat as the 1st choice, and I will say you wont be disappointed.

If I had a gripe, it would be the limited amount of legroom for rear passengers.

The plus'es though far outweigh this - 55mpg average, very good performance, and on the better specced models climate control, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, auto-dim mirror, full electrics, alloys, etc..

Make sure the timing belt has been replaced, or work this into the deal.

Cool, yeah i said it to him about the timing belt. i think theres about 96k miles on it. Which should be nothing for a VW Diesel engine. It's all cream colored interior. it's a 99 or 00

What colour is the backlight on the dash behind the dials and stuff?

Red.

Also, forgot to mention - the stereo looks nothing special, but of all the cars I have owned, the sound quality of it is the best I have heard.

gyppo wrote:
    Red.

Also, forgot to mention - the stereo looks nothing special, but of all the cars I have owned, the sound quality of it is the best I have heard.

Is it even red on the 99+ model? I have a really good sony flip cd-player i might stick in it

• Advertisement

Yes, AFAIK all models from 99 - 04 have red backlighting - mine is 04 and it has it.

Advertisement