Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet without phone line

• 02-05-2006 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there,
    I live in Dublin 7, Phibsboro, and I'd like to connect to internet without renting a phone line from eircom, just because I don't need it (we are in the VoIP era, isn't it?).

By the way, the only option to get it without renting a phone line (which seems to be quite expensive also for activation fees) seems to be NTL's cable, which covers my apartment JUST for TV but not for broadband. I'm so lucky..

I've now mailed IBB asking for their Ripwave coverage but I think I'll get a negative answer.

Any smart solution to get the internet at home?

Thank you,
    Fabio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

whatever you do, avoid clearwire. digiweb have some wireless products. dont know about smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rufio

ghost26ie wrote:
    whatever you do, avoid clearwire. digiweb have some wireless products. dont know about smart.

Smart intended "to be smart", to avoid unnecessary costs, not the ISP name :)

Advertisement