Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Directions to Gardiner Street

Options
  • 02-05-2006 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody can give me directions to Gardiner Street coming off the motorway, I havent driven to Dublin before so I really have to know where Im going, dont want it to be a case of wait and see.

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

well what motorway are you coming off?
    There's more than one:D

I guess the M50?

So where will you be exiting the motorway?
    If I find this out I will be better able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Yep from the M50 I dont even know what exit to take :o
    Driving up form Limerick for Bon Jovi on the 20th.

Ok, So get on the M50, go through toll bridge
    take next exit for city centre (N3 exit).
    At Blanchardstown Roundabout take the exit onto Navan Road - N3 (signposted Dublin) N3
    At next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N3 (signposted City Centre, Castleknock) N3
    At Auburn Avenue Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Navan Road - N3. Travelodge (Dublin - Castleknock) N3 0.94
    At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Navan Road - N3 (signposted City Centre) N3
    At traffic signals bear left on the N3 (signposted The North (N1,N2), City Centre) N3
    At traffic signals continue forward onto North Circular Road - N2 (signposted N1 - N11, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin Port) N2
    At Junction 70 traffic signals turn right onto Dorset Street Lower - N1 (signposted City Centre) N1
    At traffic signals turn left onto Gardiner Street Upper - R802

Thats great thanks for that

Me again:rolleyes:

This might sound like a stupid question but can I drive all the way down Upper Gardiner Street to Lower Gardiner Street or is there one ways or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Yep you can drive all the way down it

Great Jungle Bunny thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Bear in mind that there will be restrictions in place in and around the venue on the day.

Parts of Dorset St may well be closed to traffic.

We'll be driving up early on that day staying in a B&B on Gardiner Street hoping to be up on time to see Munster win the Heneiken cup:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

mik_da_man wrote:
    Ok, So get on the M50, go through toll bridge
    take next exit for city centre (N3 exit).
    At Blanchardstown Roundabout take the exit onto Navan Road - N3 (signposted Dublin) N3
    At next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N3 (signposted City Centre, Castleknock) N3
    At Auburn Avenue Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Navan Road - N3. Travelodge (Dublin - Castleknock) N3 0.94
    At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Navan Road - N3 (signposted City Centre) N3
    At traffic signals bear left on the N3 (signposted The North (N1,N2), City Centre) N3
    At traffic signals continue forward onto North Circular Road - N2 (signposted N1 - N11, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin Port) N2
    At Junction 70 traffic signals turn right onto Dorset Street Lower - N1 (signposted City Centre) N1
    At traffic signals turn left onto Gardiner Street Upper - R802

An alternative and much simpler way (IMHO). :)

Take M50 nothbound until you reach the M1 - then go southbound on it.

Keep travelling straight on on the M1 past Port Tunnel Works on down into Drumcondra and then straight on to Dorset street. Turn left from Dorset Street onto Gardiner Street at a pub on corner (The Auld Triangle?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Bluetonic wrote:
    Bear in mind that there will be restrictions in place in and around the venue on the day.

Parts of Dorset St may well be closed to traffic.
    think Dorset St should be ok, it's normally North Circular Road between the 5 Lamps and Dorset St as well as Clonliffe Road that are open for local access only. At least that's been the case any time I've driven down Dorset St on any match day or when there was a concert on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Litcagral wrote:

Keep travelling straight on on the M1 past Port Tunnel Works on down into Drumcondra and then straight on to Dorset street. Turn left from Dorset Street onto Gardiner Street at a pub on corner (The Auld Triangle?).

A bit far to travel up isn't it?

Handiest way is M50 to the Lucan Road, Chapelizod Road, Con colbert Road, Saint John's Raod West, Wofetone Quay - all the way down the quays to Bersford Place them Gardiner St lower. Make sure you hit Dublin between 10am and 12pm to take advantage of the bus lanes.

Litcagral wrote:

Simpler? :confused:
    Longer and more traffic, i live/travel around that area and my suggested way is easier (IMO)
    Basically turn off @ N3 exit and head straight into town till dorset street
    (Big tree Pub)
    Turn right, then left and there ya go!
    I gave more detailed directions earlier cause OP has never driven to dublin before

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Have a look at http://www.ie.map24.com/ It's very good for that kind of thing...

Advertisement