Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cats in the garden

Options
  • 02-05-2006 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Recently I am having trouble with cats in the garden. They are either sitting on the back wall looking in the window, prowling around the garden or sleeping in the garden.

None of these cats look particularly friendly... most look wild with a few cuts etc. I am not sure if this is the case or if it is because there is a cat in heat and they have been fighting.

Anyway, I got some powder stuff to deter cats and spread it on the wall but it did not seem to make much of a differance to them.

Can anyone suggest ways of getting rid of them or offer ideas as to why they are suddenly after deciding to use my garden as their ghetto.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

2 methods you could use.

One is dog/cat off. Get it from Woodies. Its just green pellets that small like washing up liquid. Seams to confuse their sense of smell which they hate. So they seam not to bother going near the area's I've put this stuff in.... So far anyway.

The second Is Cat Nip (mint) Its easy to grow and cats go mad for it. They get rather high from the scent of the plant, and end up rolling around the ground looking like some spaced out hippy. :rolleyes: Obviously if you put this in you garden then not only will it be the ghetto for them, but you garden will get known as the cats crack house. BUT... if you cunnily plant it in somewhere away from your house, a lane way or something, then they'll be more inclined to go to where its planted, rather than hang out on your wall.

Of course there is a 3rd option, but this is not legal. And I personal like animals so wouldn't condone it.

best of luck,

Advertisement