Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawns

Options
  • 02-05-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am ready to have the lawns done in my place.
    Can anyone recommend someone for the job? The land is cleared and levelled, and kerbing is in. I don;t think any topsoil is required. There is a fair bit of stone in the soil.

I want someone who will rotovate, clear stone, rake level & seed. Also any idea on what price I can expect to pay? it is about 1/3 of an acre, pretty level, all one lawn.

Chunks,
    P.

BTW, It is near Sallins / Straffan in Co.Kildare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

what is your location. I am paying about 1600 for this in Louth, but had to then pay more for drainage as the land was waterlogged. Let me know if you are near this area and i can give you a contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Kildare, Naas area.
    Not sure if a Louth based company would be willing to travel.

Anyone know of anyone in the Naas/Sallins/Clane/Kill area, that they would recommend.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Any one any contacts for the same in Sligo Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Prospect, you might try Kilmeague Landscaping 045 860452 or 087 9044158 (Robert). I have used them commercially and they are very good. I'm not 100% sure they do domestic work but they would be worth a call. As I say they are a reputable company and anything they have done for us has been first class, albeit on a large scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

I used this guy from the buy&sell last year

ALL ABOUT LAWNS. Instant lawn turf supplied & laid. Grade 1 €4 per sq yard. Grade 2 €3.20 per sq yard. Gardens prepared & rotovated. Stone burying. Trees Cut. Rubbish removed. DELIVERY NATIONWIDE. Phone Tom:086-8335650.

Got the €4 stuff, no complaints
    I laid it myself, for an extra €1 per yard he would have leveled the ground and laid the sods. I think it was €8 per yard total if rotovation was required, not sure of this figure ,wasn't paying attention as I had hired a rotovator from HSS.

Price included delivery to Dublin, If I recall he's based in Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks guys.

Advertisement