Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy fatboy beanbags in dublin area?

Options
  • 02-05-2006 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I've been looking at one of these for a while now, if you don't know what I'm on about visit http://www.fatboy.ie.

Basically its a giant bean bag that will stand upright. I know i can buy them online but i would prefer to physically sit/lie on one before I buy, does anyone know where I could buy one in the dublin area? I know a furniture shop in Clane stocks them, so thats my backup plan if all else fails...

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

There's a Buddah Bag shop in the millenium walkway by Jervis st but I don't know if they're the same as what you're after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

steve04 wrote:
    I've been looking at one of these for a while now, if you don't know what I'm on about visit http://www.fatboy.ie.

Basically its a giant bean bag that will stand upright. I know i can buy them online but i would prefer to physically sit/lie on one before I buy, does anyone know where I could buy one in the dublin area? I know a furniture shop in Clane stocks them, so thats my backup plan if all else fails...

Any help is appreciated.

I saw them in Woodie's yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 29 steve04

Thanks TK,
    I think a fatboy is different to a buddha bag, I had a look at the buddha bags before and they seem to be more expensive (fatboy is around €220-€250) and not as "clever" as the fatboy (which can sit upright). Thanks for your help though.

Will keep you updated if and when i find one in town...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They have them in the garden center opposite the entrance to Malahide Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hi Steve,

I got one of these at the ideal homes, or spring home & garden exhibition in the RDS.

I also saw them at a similar exhibition at punchestown. I think this is the only place they sell, except online.

Think I payed €200 at the exhibition?

They are deadly....

• Advertisement

Thanks Just The One,
    I just rang Woodies there and unfortunately they dont stock a "fatboy" as such, just a 5ft long bean leatherette bean bag, which doesn't sound like what I'm looking for, thanks all the same though.

Hill Billy,
    Whats the name of the Garden Centre beside Malahide Castle? I might give them a ring to check them out.

Glad you enjoy your fatboy too Prospect, hopefully I'll have mine soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

contact fatboy
    Fatboy Ireland,
    Cloonenagh House,
    Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo

Tel/Fax: 00353 (0)94 95 41691
    Contact Don: 00353 (0)87 631 7670
    Contact Mark: 00353 (0)87 988 1201
    Email: info@fatboy.ie

im sure they would know were there is one in dublin

Hi BlahBlah,
    I've emailed fatboy.ie in the past enquiring as to Dublin store locations, but unfortunately recieved no response. I've also been unable to get through to him (Don I think his name is?) on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

yeah I saw these at the home and garden show in the rds. you definatley have to go directly to them if you want to purchase. pretty cool yolks they are enjoy :)

So,
    success at last :)

I got through to Don from fatboy.ie and he was pleased to tell me a few Dublin outlets for fatboys:

- "Garden Works" garden centre in Malahide and Dunboyne. (Garden Works: Dunboyne 01 8255375, Garden Works: Malahide 01 8450110)
    - "Northside Furniture" in Northside Shopping Centre, Coolock.
    - "Montana Furniture" in Stillorgan Industrial Park - http://www.montana.ie/

Reckon I'll test one out...

Thanks for all who helped ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sandrafla

Hi there steve,
    You can buy the Fatboy in Montana, Sandyford, Tel: 01 2937000:)

steve04 wrote: »

Any help is appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sandrafla wrote: »
    Hi there steve,
    You can buy the Fatboy in Montana, Sandyford, Tel: 01 2937000:)

Please don't drag up old threads to simply pimp a business. Read the charter yada yada yada...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement