Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least expensive Diesel/Petrol around KK

• 02-05-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭

With prices going through the roof it pays to shop around for petrol/diesel...

Just wondering where is the least expensive place in KK (or near) to buy it? bought diesel today for 107.9c litre in Hennessys out on Hebron Ind Estate, which seems to be a bit better than the main petrol stations!

I know Athy and Urlingford are at about 105.9c or there abouts.Anyone do any better than that for diesel?...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Kilkenny is one of the dearest places in the country for petrol always 6 or 7 cents dearer than Waterford. The statoil on the castlecomer road has been raising its prices daily over the last week, the shell always follows suit within hours.

Meh! That site hasn't been updated in a while.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It depends on its users to update it.

Yea, I know that. But it appears that no one is. Pity, twas a good site!

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Not really much help if you are in around Kilkenny, but if you happen to be travelling up to Dublin (via Comer), don't fill up till you get to Athy.

King Oil (111.2) on the far side and Tougher on the KK side have very cheap unleaded at the moment (well they did last night anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

Havn't checked this in a while lads, but give
    www.irishfuelprices.com
    a click. Prices are entered by the public, cannot guarantee the accuracy of the prices.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

seamunkey wrote:
    Havn't checked this in a while lads, but give
    www.irishfuelprices.com
    a click. Prices are entered by the public, cannot guarantee the accuracy of the prices.
    ;)

Hmmm..Checked it there- only has New Ross down for KK.Must have launched a boundary extension while they weren't looking, ha ha!!
    The Yellow Bellies would love that i'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Cheapest I know of is Kavanaghs in Urlingford and Walsh's in woodsgift, twas 114.8 for petrol last time I was there.

Was down in Waterford (Tramore) at the weekend, fuel is very competitively priced there (relatively I suppose), diesel at around 108.5/litre- naturally I filled up!

Amazing what a bit of competition can do to prices...

• Advertisement

It's amazing what the chancers in Kilkenny can get away with.

Was home in KK for the weekend and couldn't get over how high the price of petrol was compared to anywhere else!

The majority of petrol stations I pass in the city were a good 4/5 cent more expensive than petrol prices in and around dublin.

Where in KK has the cheapest unleaded at the moment? Still the TOP place in the industrial estate?

Amber near Johnstown is the cheapest 97.9

Bond-007 wrote:
    Amber near Johnstown is the cheapest 97.9

I filled there yday and diesel was 99.8. The Urlingford area is one of the best areas in Ireland for price, thanks to the Apple station.

P.S. Mick Irl- KK city is useless for price, even TOP isn't that competitive relative to other towns! Esso on Waterford rd is prob best of a bad lot.
    Bring on the new road and KK will be seriously affected by cheaper stations closeby places like Carlw and Waterfrd, hopefully forcing them to be more competitive. Although hopefull all the fuel won't have run out by then:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Urlingford is .99C :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kilkennymusic

texaco dropped their prices, down to 105.9 this week for disel, was up around 1.11 there only within the last week or two

I paid 99.9c for my unleaded on saturday morning in dublin on the way down to KK in a statoil in dublin.

Strange that the statoil in KK is charging a full 10c more! Petrol prices in KK are scandalous.

Indeed. I'm paying 100.2 this week for my petrol using one of these, in the same Statoil on the comer rd that is charging 108.9 if you're paying the regular pump price.

mick_irl wrote:
    I paid 99.9c for my unleaded on saturday morning in dublin on the way down to KK in a statoil in dublin.

Strange that the statoil in KK is charging a full 10c more! Petrol prices in KK are scandalous.

City prices are high but for those of us that leave it regularly need not be penalised; Urlingford just 15 miles away on the N8 is one of the most competitive places in the country in fact. 99.8c for diesel and petrol at the mo in the Amber, Apple and Kavannaghs service stations. In the south New Ross and Waterford are good too for price.
    So it's not all bad really...

I see it's still 120 in Ballyhale! :eek:

I wonder what Campus in Ballyragget is charging these days?

• Advertisement

The Tougher station in Athy (I know 25 miles from KK) is always good I find. Filled up there yday on the KK road. The other one, King Oil I think is also pretty good on the Dublin side of the town. Alos Toughers in Carlow are good. Pity they don't have a station in the city or county:( .

The King Oil one is always cheaper than Toughers.

The campus on the road a few miles before you get to Ballyragget is still charging about 1.25 per litre, the ****ing muppet. The garage in Ballyragget itself (Carroll's, can't remember if its a campus or not) was charging 111.9 last week.

Don't think anyone is actually crazy enough to buy fuel there.Only a matter of time I'd say before that particular station closes, which is sad.
    Pity to see all these small family run stations being squeezed out of business- I blame the oil companies and their pricing policy for small outlets; some of the prices they charge the small outlets for fuel/litre are higher than the same companies charge the motorist in their own run stations!!It is all about control and volume. We the motorist ultimately loose out through less choice and absence of a service station in many areas and towns- a big problem in the UK where people have to travel miles to the nearest big station simply to fill up.
    Saying that one family run station is the Amber in Woodsgift (near Urlingford) which is excellent on price (consistently the lowest around) and the staff are really friendly too. I always like to support them with my custom. Think their name is Walshs.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

1.00 barrier has been broken by top oil in hebron - 99.5 cent a litre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Not to mention 99.9 in Maxol on the Carlow Road.
    Price War! Whoo hoo! :D

excellent

/burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Even the Esso on the Waterford Road, now Statoil, is 99.5c a litre. Pigs must be flying across a blue moon.:D

I noticed that the Statoil and Shell on the 'comer road were charging 99.9c for petrol over the weekend...

But happened to be down in KK again today and the prices had gone back up to 101.9c

• Advertisement

Prices are creeping back up again. up 2 cent in waterford. Any ideas why?

Advertisement