Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking Noobie

Options
  • 02-05-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

Hi Fellas,

Is it possible to overclock a celeron D 2.8 Ghz on an ASROCK board??

Ed

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sorry the Board is a ASROCK P4V88+.

It says this on the site about the board I have:
    Hybrid Booster - ASRock safe overclocking
    What does that mean??

If you need more info ask me, I am relatively handy with the pc but never looked into overclocking.
    Maybe not evn overclocking just to try to make it run a tiny bit faster overall.

I got this too from a program called sandra.
    The pic is attached

Thanks

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

its a celeron man i wouldnt bother ocing it especially not with that mobo and you probably have stock cooling(im assuming)

Yes that Board has overclocking options.....

Hybrid booster is a "auto overclocking" feature, to be honest......its crap;)

Proper overclocking is done in the BIOS, You will have to look into overclocking yourself but basically, You will have to raise the FSB, and set ram dividers to insure that the ram will not exceed its rated speed......

All will be revealed once you read o few overclocking guides...

Now, if you want your Pc to run faster in general....You can use softwate such as Crapcleaner and regseeker to clean it out.

Also disable startup programs that you dont use, you can also usethis guide to disable un needed/wanted services......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks for the advice fellas, I have been reading some of your posts in the other thread above from the other beginner.
    I think I will leave it but I will continue to read up on it from the thread above.
    Answer this though, I about to but 1 gig of ram for pc, but what do you mean by performance ram. I thought ram is ram at the end of the day. What should I buy.
    Not sure if I am allowed to ask that but sure im curious

Thanks

Ed

• Advertisement

Ram is not Ram:D

Different Ram modules different have latencies and overclockability.......

So performance ram is ram with good latencies that can overclock well (such as Crucial ballistix, OCZ platinium, OCZ Gold, Geil one series...........)

Non performance ram is bog standard ram with poor timings and little or no overclockability.....

That other thread is about overclocking an Athlon64 machine which is a whole different Architechture.......

The Celeron D is a very poor CPU to be honest and isnt worth throwing alot more money at a system like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

get a new graphics card and you will notice a big inprovment in games,, but as has been said b4... the celeron is fookin Karp... no messing.... an amd 2200 is prob better.... but not compatable on u'r board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

maxpower wrote:
    get a new graphics card and you will notice a big inprovment in games,, but as has been said b4... the celeron is fookin Karp... no messing.... an amd 2200 is prob better.... but not compatable on u'r board.

i find it hard to read your post with all the ............................................. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

lol:D alll these (.......)'s is when im thinking. lol ...... maybe i should stop!:o

I use lots of (.......)s too:D

You can get ram for your board here

Do you game?

What graphics card do you have

• Advertisement
Advertisement