Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getbroadband.com- getreal!

Options
  • 02-05-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

What are these people on! According to their website, Ireland has 100% BB coverage. http://www.getbroadband.ie/default.php Select an area you know has no BB and just see what comes up.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, when I put in my home village, which got DSL last November, the site recognises that DSL is available, but only from Imagine, BT, and Eircom. My brother uses Digiweb (resell). UTV ain't mentioned either.

I get the same results for places without DSL? Is that the point you're making?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

GetBroadband makes money on sending you to the sign-up page of an ISP. I think this is why some ISPs are not listed. They refused to answer my question on it when I twice asked in the broadband forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Something better is in the pipeline (not from them obviously), watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Tryed my exchange which is defintly not enabled and got 8 home adsl packages and 16 business packages. They are a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I emailed them about it and this is the reply I got.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] We provide information that is provided to us and present it as best
    possible. If you can identify some of the areas that you are referring to I
    would be happy to disuses with you. Also feel free to contact me at any of
    the numbers below. Broadband is available officially everywhere in Dublin
    for example but we still have customers that cannot get a service in Dublin
    on a weekly basis. We are doing our best and all suggestions/criticism is
    greatly welcomed and be assured that it will be acted upon. Again as I said
    feel free to contact me at any of the numbers below to discuss.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I notified them of the couple of places I know off. If their is a place anyone has tried that doesn't have an enabled exchange, but got positive result, post the names here and I'll foward them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

damien.m wrote:
    GetBroadband makes money on sending you to the sign-up page of an ISP. I think this is why some ISPs are not listed. They refused to answer my question on it when I twice asked in the broadband forum.

Ditto.

The deficencies of their site has been discussed in BB forum.

1) No geographic match of services available
    2) No default inclusion of Line rental on comparisons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Given BTs known disregard for customer service, if you place an order on getbroadband for BT service does that actually mean something happens. Does it make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

eircom offers sattellite?!?!?!?!
    i clicked the ballycanew wexford exchange and i simply get a load of satellite packages from eircom and digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yup eircom sell satellite. They have a section on their website, but details are sketchy. They partner with MediaSat for this as far as I know.

ardmacha wrote:
    Given BTs known disregard for customer service, if you place an order on getbroadband for BT service does that actually mean something happens. Does it make any difference?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dizzywizzard

damien.m wrote:
    No.

As stated in the broadband forum I've used getbroadband.ie and found the service extremely helpful, are you speaking from personal experience?

Read the question that I answered.

Advertisement