Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on 325i sport

Options
  • 02-05-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I just contacted the VRT office and they quoted me between 1k and 2 k to register my car depending on its perceived condition. Has anybody managed to get cheaper??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

I got an online VRT quote of 650 euro for a 1994 Merc E220. This was 30% of the "Open Market Selling Price" which was only 2100 or thereabouts. In reality, the car is worth just over double that, I just hope that the VRT people don't realise this before I import the car (in about a months time)!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Is she an E30 or E36?

If its an E30 and its down on the v5 as a "sport" then you will be paying anything between 1500 and 2000.

I know a lad who got a quote for 700 euro cheaper by going to a different vro office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

is it not done off a central system? How'd he manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

Its an e30 and its down on the V5 as a sport.

Your make getting it cheaper is exactly what I wanted to hear. Which office did he get his done at?

Also the V5 has a mistake quoting the engine size as 1600???? Is this a useful mistake?

Thanks forr yor help lads.

Cork city office is where he went.

Having the engine size down as 1600 will probably cause a few probs, for a start they wont be able to find a 1600cc 325i sport on their system, also been the fact that it is a 325i sport will mean they might have to ring the head office in Rosslare to get a quote who will then get suspicious when they hear 1600cc.

Even if you did manage to get it vrt'd your irish log book would only have the car down as a 1.6 but i doubt you will get that far, the vro are usually in the know when it comes to imports.

You might have to send the v5 back to the dvla and get the correct engine size printed on the v5 which could turn out to be a nightmare.

Its beyond me how it was down as a 1.6, is she a real 325i sport or a 316i with a 2.5 lump thrown in? but then why would it have sport on the v5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

Its definately a 325i sport, has all the extras . I think it was just a genuine mistake at the DVLA office. The last owner did not correct it because he was paying cheaper tax

Well all you can do is go into the vro office or ring them up and tell them its down as a 1.6 even though its a 2.5, i would definetly be telling them that it has a 2.5 lt engine in her though !!, the engine code on the v5 should also validate this with BMW.

They will know something is not adding up anyway when they see 325i sport and 1600cc on the v5.

Advertisement