Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To get an offroad track in leixlip...

Options
  • 02-05-2006 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

To get an offroad track in leixlip...*
    We would need:
    75 people to sign a pettion
    -real name and address
    -must live iwht in 1.5km of the site
    Less that 100db noise level
    -you tell me if thats gonna be good or bad
    Must be 100 meters or more away from houses
    -that wouldnt be too hard
    No people who tend to be complete arséholes about fun
    -cranky people
    -old people**
    -evil people
    Estimated Cost
    - would cost much i believe
    *And thats only to get the council to think about it!
    **Only some old people ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

sounds like a bridge too far :/

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

meh the 75 people is the worst of it!!
    but that is for a council done track, i wish i had a plot o land and i'd be sorted!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

75 Names is a lot of people from the one area :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

there would be about a thousend home in that area but not sure if much people would like to sign it, maybe if it was in the new library (patition) more people would get to it? maybe one of the farmers would sell a part or a feild on the backroads to us :P i like to dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Flunked wrote:
    maybe one of the farmers would sell a part or a feild on the backroads to us :P i like to dream....

Define "US" ??

• Advertisement

not sure, anyone who is willing to give it ago i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I know its a bit far from leixlip but what about Marlay park in sandyford there is a bmx/rc dirt track there. I know people used to race buggys there.

yeah, NLC has been out there i think, would be pretty kool, if i get a better buggy that can handle hits and bumps ill go out there

Not sure if you need a great buggy for that track. Thinking of bringing my new carson cs-4 rally car (my first nitro car) i got from green hobby and model yesterday.

ah i have the buggy version of that - cs-4b i recomend you get a few sapre fuel tanks tighten everything and get better servos
    i learnt all that the bad way

• Advertisement

whats wrong with the fuel tanks? and why would i need a few, do they break?stupid qusetion.

You should pay people to sign the petition and tell them youll give them a go of your car. :-)

do they brake? oh yes they do, and lots! going up and down those slim curbs at driveways - and a snails pace yet i broke it :( the thrtle servo cant pull the brake now and the steering servo just doesnt have the power and responce i would like
    tho not alot of people probably agree with me but it ios fast ;-)

yeah i got mine with no gear, i fitted all that myself. But i still dont understand how does a fuel tank break? And could i drive it on gravel rougher surfaces, how much abuse can take?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

i have one of those aswell, wellits a similar model different name! but my fuel tank broke from impact, so i installed shock absorbers!"!! took off the front bumper, and put two lengths of polystyrene in between it and the car, the theory bein these will take the impact and break....instead of my gear!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If you have a crash, and the fuel tank gets knocked sideways with some force - the part where it is screwed onto the car must crack......
    If the tank is full (and heavier) at the time, an impact has more force on it.
    Occasionally the mounting becomes looser as a result - no biggie.
    On other occasions the tank springs a leak, and needs replacing.

Slamming it sideways into a kerb is the classic "accident" that damages fuel tanks in cars.

The other common error is over enthusiastic priming which may crack the air seal in the little priming pump.

Kinda funny we have come from offroad tracks in leixlip to broken fuel tanks.

were in the models section, subject changes oh so ofen :P the car is good when running good tho , and yes you can run on gravel and things if you have teh hieght, just dont bang abour too much ;-)

Advertisement