Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo's and growth from gym

Options
  • 02-05-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I will be getting my sleeve started in two weeks and will also be starting to lift in the gym this week. I obviously expect my arms to get bigger and was just wondering how well do tattoo's react to this type of growth?

Emmet, you will probably best at answering this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I was wondering about that myself. I've got skinny little girls arms (no I didn't steal them, they're mine) and I always wondered if tattoos would look crap on them should my arms ever get bigger through some lab accident/metoer strike/radiation exposure/etc. Be good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I suffered getting my right sleeve done before i decided to become an acrobat BIG mistake. In the last 1.5 years i've added about 2in to my arms not lot but i don't do any direct arm work but now my sleeve doesn't flow with my muscles as much and the ink has become thinner on it due to spreading out. Now i'm considering a partial removal and cover up. My advice is build your arms and deltoids up first before you get your sleeves i'll post some pics of my sleeve later so you get the idea.

On a side note with the right program you could add 2+ inches to your arms in 6-8 weeks.

On another side note if you got the lower part started first from your wrist and forearm as these places don't really gain as much as the top half of your arms might be a way to get the project started while building your arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I suffered getting my right sleeve done before i decided to become an acrobat BIG mistake. In the last 1.5 years i've added about 2in to my arms not lot but i don't do any direct arm work but now my sleeve doesn't flow with my muscles as much and the ink has become thinner on it due to spreading out. Now i'm considering a partial removal and cover up. My advice is build your arms and deltoids up first before you get your sleeves i'll post some pics of my sleeve later so you get the idea.

On a side note with the right program you could add 2+ inches to your arms in 6-8 weeks.

On another side note if you got the lower part started first from your wrist and forearm as these places don't really gain as much as the top half of your arms might be a way to get the project started while building your arms.

Would appreciate if you could PM with the details for that workout please.

I always intended on getting wrist/forearm done first and leaving the top til last. It's going to be gradual enough so by the time I get to the top of my arm it will be three months anyway. I will be droppin some things into Justin tomorrow so hopefully I will have this started quite soon.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

On the other side of the coin, I got my biceps done a few years ago with nice sized round Celtic design, then when I lost a lot of weight it became egg shaped. On the plus side when I clench my biceps in the Gym the Tattoo looks bang on.

21/25

Advertisement