Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else not satisfied with Digiweb Wireless Broadband

• 02-05-2006 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I live on the side of a hill on the outskirts of Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. In town they have wired broadband but I'm afraid I'm too far out to get it.

I used to have eircom 56k flatrate dial up until a few months ago. Then I found out about digiweb.ie. They told me my area had wireless coverage since I had direct line of site with the antenna on the other side of town.

So, I ordered it for the year at a cost of €571 including installation. They installed it, hooked up the D-Link Dl-604 router and off I went. I ordered the Bizwave option. 1mb download. 256mb upload and apparently only sharing bandwidth with 18 other people. Everything was honky dory for about 2 weeks. Then things started slowing down and getting glitchy.

I first noticed things getting laggy every now and then while playing online games. Then I'd get disconnected too. At first, I blamed it on the games but then, while surfing with Internet Explorer, the pages would either take ages to load or would just time-out. I'd have to refresh three or four times to get the page to load. I also tried Firefox and had the same problem.

I rang Digiweb 6 weeks ago asking what was wrong. They told me there was a problem with the base Station in Clonmel and it would be sorted by the end of the week. I thought, "Fine".

But it kept happening and I noticed my connection only got like that either when it was extremely cloudy, foggy or if it rained. Sounds a bit nuts, huh? I thought it would be a bit more weather resistant.

So, I rang up Digiweb again yesterday and they again told me, "There's a problem with the Base Station in clonmel and it'll be fixed by the end of the week". I told him that was what I was told last time and was he telling me that the base station was faulty for the past six weeks. He said he was just telling me what the enginneers had told him.

So, I await the end of the week with anticipation. Is there anybody else out there with the same service who are having the same problem? Or is there anybody more knowledgeable than myself who can shed some light on this? Can weather affect a wireless broadband connection? Cos if so, I don't spend €600 on a broadband connection that only works when it feels like it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

We are having problems in Clonmel and will have guys on site to do part a of the work on Thursday / Friday. Ill let you know when part b will be done - just waiting for an update internally.

PM me your Wir Number please.

Thanks.

Advertisement