Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Lessons

Options
  • 02-05-2006 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Where is the best and cheapest place in Cork to take some driving lessons?? What do they cost.

If I wanted to get a lience and get insured in a car what steps do I need to take????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

first of all go here for the driving lessons:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872882

you need to go to the motor tax office or post office to get a form for the drivers licence.

for insurance, you need to find out what kind of car you will be driving, i.e engine size etc and ring around to various insurance co. i.e Quinn direct , hibernian to see who will give you the best quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

First of all, ring the driver theory test place, and book an appointment, I was waiting two weeks for mine, you can pay by credit card over the phone, It costs 35.60 e .Then you need a form for a provisional, you can get that in your local garda station, you will also need an eye test, they do them in Specsavers for 28 euro (I have my appointment tomorrow) and then 2 passport photo's and then when you pass your theory test you send them away.

Insurance wise, you can egt a quote online, Quinn-direct were the cheapest for me, and as far as I knwo are cheapest for young drivers.

Theory test number : 1890 606 106

You have to have your provisional to have driving lessons. Actually I would also like to know where to find a decent fairly cheap place to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Depends in Cork where you're looking.

If its city, sorry I cant help. If its a town it'll probably be cheaper than the city.

Mine are currently costing me €25 for an hour in a town, not the city.

Advertisement