Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Camper Van Insurance

Options
  • 02-05-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Any suggestions please,

Just bought a camper and then realised to my horror that I can't get insured. Any suggestions please.

I am: 24 (not 25 until next January)
    full licence 6 years
    2 years no claims on my own policy (private car)

My girlfriend is: 29
    full licence 5 years
    4 years no claims on her own policy (private car)

I know that my girlfriend can get insured but is there anyway I can get put on as a named driver. I really would like to drive my own van!!

So far have tried: Motor Caravan Club of Ireland: Must be 25
    Dolmain Insurance : Must be 27
    Stuart Insurance : Must have 5 years no claims discount

Also heard that there is another company called Lupton??? although I can't seem to track them. Am I just p*ssing in the wind here and will I have to sit by and watch herself drive me around all Summer?

Cheers,

Fergus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 a j insurance

Give us a try - lots of schemes available for camper vans, second vehicles, foreign use etc.

our number is 0870 3001782

Paula

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭greenasgrass

A J Insurance,

Will you insure a van for a Republic of Ireland resident, i.e. to be used in the Republic of Ireland?

If so great, if not.... boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

hi there can you tell me what type of licence is needed to drive a camper van?
    is it b or c?
    thanks

Advertisement