Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Druids - coming in 1.11

Options
  • 02-05-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

I recently posted in some thread that I would be turning my resto druid to feral once I got that +280 to AP Mace.

Well I've changed my mind.

I'm going feral in 1.11 anyway.

Druid Forums:

When patch 1.11 releases, Innervate will become a base ability for all Druids, trainable at level 40. Once the patch is live, any Druid who formerly had the Innervate talent will instead have the "Swiftmend" talent, which has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point talent. This new ability will consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect to produce an instant heal.

Finally, we can actually choose any tree and still be useful in raids. :D

Druids FTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Imba.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

**** yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

omfg i've just stopped playing as druid and now they do this! cunts

Upon further consideration, they are likely to nerf the hell out of this after a few weeks of it being a base ability. I mean, as a 31 point talent it is rather powerful and rightfully so, but as a base ability... it seems a bit too powerful...

I dunno, I presume they would only make it a base ability if they considered what they were doing.

For starters, this is basically an "I win" switch vs. most casters in 1vs.1 duels. Guess We'll have to see...

Ivan wrote:
    For starters, this is basically an "I win" switch vs. most casters in 1vs.1 duels.
    o rly?

most druids have this at the moment and does activating it garauntee a win as things stand? er nope

Having this will just mean druids will fight a similar way to how resto druids fight except they'll do more damage coz they can be feral or balance style. Which ppl will just have to deal with. Doesn't make druids imba at all. And this was badly needed and shoud have been done during the talent reveiw as the main concern for druids was not only that the feral balance trees were **** but also that resto tree was the only viable option for endgame raiding.

• Advertisement

Only viable option? Lies.
    All druids in my guild are feral bar one who will be respecing soon anyway and we get on fine as it is.

Druid as resto = Priest
    Druid as feral = Warrior

OK, perhaps I exaggerated slightly.

Druids vs. Mage, wins without innervate
    Druids vs. Warlock, loses with or without innervate
    Druids vs. Shaman, innervatewill make a decent diferrence
    Druids vs. Priest, innervatewill make a BIG difference

The fact is, Druids had to go resto to get innervate, which meant their (our) damage was pretty gimped. Now that we can go any spec and still have it, I think it will make a big difference.

But dont get me wrong, I dont mean its imbalanced, because I certainly dont think so. I do whoever, believe that it will be called imbalanced ALOT. And as such, will be nerfed. Call me pessimistic, but thats the way I see it.

Ivan wrote:
    Druids vs. Priest, innervatewill make a BIG difference.
    u do know they can dispell it too right? ;)

Ivan wrote:
    Druids vs. Mage, wins without innervate
    Druids vs. Warlock, loses with or without innervate
    Druids vs. Shaman, innervatewill make a decent diferrence
    Druids vs. Priest, innervatewill make a BIG difference

Not to be blunt, but yes, if you suck. Every class has (and has to have) a couple of classes who they are weak against, and then again if the opposing class don't know how to play and you do then its game over for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

The number in our guild jim quoted are old now but at a time most of our raiding druids where feral specced 14/32/5 including myself. Atm out of our main raiding druids 2 are about 14/32/5, a couple are 0/30/21 and the rest including myself (for the moment) are resto

"resto druids are not the only viable end game."

everytime i read this is annoys me as its complete bull****, our guild druids could spec what way they wanted and it wouldn't make the slighest bit of difference to a progress so far (starting chrom atm).

With regards to the pvp or duelling scenarios mentioned. most of the time these days when i lose against a lot of the classes when i was 14/32/5 or 0/30/21 i don't lose the duel because i run out of mana. I lose it as i cant heal or get dropped via burst dmg or a timely fear or silence. Having innervate wouldn't make the difference most of the time. What would probably be more accurate to say imo is that if NS was made a core ability it would have more impact in a pvp sense

The 0/30/21 build is already extremely strong, typically yielding natures focus, NS and reflection with reasonable damage. If NS was core you could easily afford a 14/32/5 esque spec thus substantially increasing dmg and still maintaining the safety of an instant heal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

As regards your matchups.

No, find a decent mage or one with powerups.
    Yes
    Purge - no innervate, regrowth/rejuv HoT
    Dispel - see above.

QuuSpellAlert/SCT/CEnemyCast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    QuuSpellAlert/SCT/CEnemyCast.

any mods that tell you what spell an enemy is casting should be banned imo...

Kiith wrote:
    any mods that tell you what spell an enemy is casting should be banned imo...
    its just enlarging the text that appears in combat log

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Indeed, it's easy to count too :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

its just enlarging the text that appears in combat log

it says what spell someone is starting to cast on you in the combat log? seriously? huh...probably should have seen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah and it gives you a big **** off casting bar too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

lol alan dont be so cruely.

ah yes, I suppose i forgot the whole purge/dispel thing. My bad, I guess Innervate isnt the game winning switch, I was expecting.

Still, it'll be nice to have :D

Advertisement