Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry Searches

Options
  • 02-05-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have the low down on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Victor,

As far as I know, you can walk into the Land Registry and pay to see the folio details on any parcel of land. Think there are different scales, i.e. one fee to see who owns the land and another fee to see the deeds etc..

Not sure of costs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

http://www.landregistry.ie

If you have a folio number you can just search the website and download it for a fee.
    If you need to search for a folio/name of land owner etc you can walk in and look at the maps for free, they will only charge you €2.50 for a copy of the folio once you find it as far as i remember. They will help you search for what you are looking for, make sure you bring a map of the area with you/know what townland the land is in. It will make things easier for the guys in there.
    Oh and the Dublin office only covers certain counties so check it out online first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

I thought you had to be an account holder to search the database and there was a fee per search/query?
    At least that's what my solicitor told me....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Yeah i just noticed you have to get an account, bit of a rip of really if you just want to get a couple of folios. Oh well, you will just have to go in and find what you want.
    Get in there early, the queue can be veeery slow.

I have an account.

If someone wants something urgently, PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement