Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races

Options
  • 02-05-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there trying to book accomodation for galway Races but seem to have left it a bit late. Anyone with ideas/aomewhere to stay would be great.

getting quoted crazy prices at the mo, therw will be 3-4 of us and counting!

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, if yous don't mind hostels. If there are more than 3 people you prob can get a room to yourselves.

Eyre Square Hostel
    35 Eyre Street
    091 568 432

Sleepzone
    Bothar Na mBan
    091 566 999

Celtic Tourist Hostel
    Victoria Place
    091 566 606

G'luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The accomodation prices are always crazy for the Races. If you stay in any hotel and look at the maximum nightly room rate posted in the rooms you'll be looking at the Race Week specific rate. They know when it will be so I don't think it's a case of booking late - it's just a case of trying to book for Race Week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I think getting accomidation in and around Galway at this stage for race week is going to be unlikely but you never know.Friends of mine that run B&Bs are already booked up from last year and are booked up again for next year.You could always look for accomidation in one of the neighbouring towns or villages.
    Personally i do think the prices are crazy, but justified,you pay for what you get.Its without doubt IMO the best festival week there is,the atmosphere is very hard to match.Then again im biased as i live in Galway and all i pay is the bus fare out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Come down the week before, better craic, less tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Thanks for all yere help and more info on numbers for accoomodation would be great

Noel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

SyxPak wrote:
    Come down the week before, better craic, less tossers.

ERMMMMMM..........unless you want to go watch racing in Ballinrobe.The build up to race week is good alright but better craic?,dont think so.
    The tossers are generally the tossers that are here all year round.If your not a fan of race week or dont enjoy the crowd then just stay down west,simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Galway Race Week is brilliant! Great atmosphere around the whole city. We always book a year in advance every year. Prices are mad but it was always like that during that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I've never had any problems sorting out accommodation for people, even a few days before the races. Try Salthill Hotel, Imperial hotel or Glasan Village (self catering house). They weren't overly expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cairde

Doesn't NUIG student accomodation be available during race week?

Advertisement