Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Yang (Akio)

• 02-05-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

I was just reading WWE.com and came across this:
    It’s no secret that celebrities love attending WWE events. Tonight was no exception, as Taboo of the hip-hop super Black Eyed Peas was in attendance at RAW in Columbus, Ohio.

Taboo, who was invited to the event by Jimmy Yang aka Akio (a former WWE Superstar working a non-televised match at RAW), is also good friends with current WWE Champion and fellow hip-hop artist John Cena. “I’m real close with Cena and I love WWE,” Taboo told WWE.com before the show. “We’ve been following wrestling since the 1980s; I loved Hulk Hogan, Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat. My son Josh is a huge fan now, so I’m here just enjoying RAW tonight.”

Jimmy Yang is a great worker from whay Ive seen of him on the Indy scene, and I was very impressed by him as Akio, in particular his program with Paul London. I wonder if hes coming back to the E? Id like to see him, and the rest of the Cruisers for that matter in the new ECW.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I doubt he'll be coming back anytime soon. He was just working a dark match. If they moved all the cruisers to ECW, how much time could you see them getting in an hour long show? They've got enough for now I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Well I hope the new ECW isnt solely based on Hardcore bull**** because I wont be interested if it is. It would be nice if they could at least use some guys that arent getting much tv time in WWE, like Jamie Noble. Surely the Mexicools will be brought into it in some way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

the mexicools were about as hardcore as you could ask, remember the backflip off the balcony from supercrazy last year? that was seriously extreme. no collpasing wooden platforms to cushion his fall if he was off target.
    if you don't like extreme then don't watch Extreme Championship Wrestling

Thats not what I was saying. ECW was always the best in hardcore, cruisers and technical wrestling and if ECW is going to come back I would prefer if they incorporated all the things that made them so good, not just what it is remembered for, hardcore.
    And I could ask for a lot more hardcore stuff than Super Crazy doing a moonsault onto a bunch of people (he landed on his feet as far as i remember).
    Hardcore is Tommy Dreamer getting lashed over and over again with a singapore cane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

but what do you have to fear about technical wrestling, didn't they put on a great technical match between eddie and benoit at last years one night stand, if the ethos of the revived company was purely hardcore they wouldn't have given 20 minutes over to a technical match.

• Advertisement

Yeah they put that match on bteween two ECW alumni who happened to work for WWE. I personally hope there is alot more of this in the new product.

BTW that match last year seemed really wierd, it was like Eddie wasnt putting any effort into it and he showed no emotion during it, as if he didnt want to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Jimmy Yang should sing for TNA. He was incredible in the ring and man did he take some stiff bumps. You couldnt watch one of his matches on velocity without cringing at some point in reaction to him cloobering the back of his head on the floor/ringpost

It would be nice to see him, but I just don't see why they'd sign him when they've got plenty of cruisers who don't get tv time on SD. If they want to put them on ECW, that would be great, but they've got enough of them already

He really should be in TNA. He was there is its early years so maybe something happened behind the scenes that would explain why he hasnt been back since.
    Yang is potentially one of the guys who can push ROH forward so hopefully he can stay there for the time being, and a TNA contract would allow him to do this.

Originally Posted by PWInsider.com
    I can confirm that Jimmy Yang (Akio) has signed a new deal with WWE. He was probably best known during his last stint with the company as a bodyguard for Yoshihiro Tajiri and for a series of matches with Paul London in the final days of Velocity before it became an internet show. Yang is expected to finish out his independent dates before going back to work for WWE, possibly for the relaunching ECW brand.

God damn it Jimmy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Just shows that for the majority of workers, WWE is the place to be - the wrestling mecca if you will!

Well, WWE pays the best money and has the biggest audience. I don't know why they fired him in the first place now. What about all the other cruiserweights that don't get on tv? Why are they still being paid if they're hiring guys that they've fired?

All this re hiring bodes well for the Dicks

Advertisement