Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this legal

Options
  • 02-05-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

:confused: Hi,

Got some new lights for the house and as I was fitting them I noticed that the fuse board was not wired up to match the pre printed labels e.g to knock off the downstairs lights you flick the upstairs trip and the upstairs lights you flick the central heating switch. can the electrician do this surely he must either wire up as per the labels or else change the labels can I get on to a controlling body e.g. RECI to complain about his or is he allowed to just do what pleases him and leave us to figure out his puzzle. I know that the wires should be tested before work and it is a good idea to leave on the lights you are about to change to make sure the power is off but even so surely some sort off rules apply

PS JohnBoy I know you are goin to love this one

Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

hey I'm sayin nuthin.

i'm laughing quite a bit, but saying nothing

:)

but yeah, if it's a new house then you have a definite case i would have thought, probably get the leccy's knuckles rapped by reci and maybe he'll call out an re-arrange the labels, maybe

still laughing (not that i think electrical safety is in any way a joke obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

eddiej wrote:
    the fuse board was not wired up to match the pre printed labels e.g to knock off the downstairs lights you flick the upstairs trip and the upstairs lights you flick the central heating switch.
    I'd suggest you do some work with the power on (i.e. wrong tripswitch turned off), give yourself a good old electric shock and sue his ass to kingdom come.*

*not a serious suggestion, you might die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Not too sure that would work Gurgle ! I think you might find there would be some contributory negligence there . If its a new house maybe he accidently swapped your cover with your neighbours check if theirs is arse about face .
    If not then i would most deffo make a fuss about it and complain to RECI or the builder .

Advertisement