Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punch Bag

• 02-05-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Wonder where would be the best place to get a punch bag?
    I understand to get proper one I would have to install a support beam so I guess ill have to get a standing up one?

What sort of price am I looking at?

Cheers
    Gavin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hey Gavin,

The important thing is to get a bag that suits your size.. Don't get something too heavy for you. you should be able to move it around a bit but not too much either, otherwise you won't get the right resistance from it.

If you want a freestanding bag, I guess you could get one of those wavemasters.. Make sure if you do to allow yourself some space so you can work your footwork with the bag, work around it from side to side with your combinations.

Wavemasters are about €150ish, or about €250 for the full length bag (for muay thai or kick boxing).

A standard punch bag can go for about €50 - €100. Wall bracket is about €25. You could also look at one of those stands for the standard heavy bag, but to be honest - they are pretty expensive.

You can get a bag at a local sports store or in argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Hi there,

I recently installed a six foot bag in a new house, I think the bag was about 120e, but not sure as it was a christmas present. I had to install a lot of reinforcing in the attic, but it was easy enough to do, if your any way handy. The bracket I used cost about 12e in Argos. If you want any advice about reinforcing your joists so they will take the weight and shock pm me. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 maximan

What sort of weight bag do you think would suit me. Im about 90kgs and train quite often. Was thinkin of looking for one on ebay in belfast and picking it up when im there.
    maximan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Not sure what weight maximan.. I'm only 69KG - At 90KG, I think you'd be well able for any of the heavy bags. Heavier the better for you I'd say. You'll know when you hit it. You need to be able to move the bag a bit but not so much that you don't feel any resistance off of ti.

Advertisement