Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless router and repeater

• 02-05-2006 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i am using a linksys wireless router for my broadband connection does anyone know how i can connect a wireless repeater to this to boost the signal around my house, i presume the repeater has to be set up with same channel numbers and SSID and encryption , does all the ip conguration have to match the gateway wireless?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Have you tried to position the router in a better place or are you tied due to phone placement? Adding a repeater will double your latency so don't expect to be playing games through the repeater (don't game but I hear it's rubbish), do you have any other machines that would benefit from another access point, then you could setup WDS between the two and conect to which ever is the strongest signal.

Other route is to try a high gain antenna (either omni or directional) to overcome the blind spots. What model router do you have? Firmware (found on the config page)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Hi, Just got a linskys wireless broadband router, i've got as far as step 7 in setting it up and i'm being asked for an ip address. any ideas where i can get this from??

What model do you have? What is asking for an IP? Are you using a seperate modem or is it an all-in-one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hi, Just got a linskys wireless broadband router, i've got as far as step 7 in setting it up and i'm being asked for an ip address. any ideas where i can get this from??
    You're best off starting your own thread to be honest. Bad manners to hijack someone else's, espec since it's a different problem entirely.

Now having said that, as Munster said more details are required. Who do have your broadband with? What modem do you have? How is it configured? What ip address is the modem set to use etc?

Yes yes meant to say that tut tut very bad mannerz indeed. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement