Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor ntl speeds in Galway

• 02-05-2006 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have the 3mb package and it has been faultless since install after 8 months over a wireless network. I've noticed my dload speeds have dropped off to anything between 1 -2mb at best although today I'm lucky to get 50kb a sec from sites I normally did well on for example apple.com trailers used to stream at about 300kb a sec etc.

Online gaming has become very stuttery and very hard to play. I rang ntl today and asked to be put onto the 6mb since I'm paying for it anyway so hopefully that might help but has anyone else in Galway had bad service lately?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

yip, can be muck in the evening... and is even more erratic on the 6 meg line then it used to be:)

downloads have dropped off the last 2 months... in the evenings
    very fast though when its quiet - morning time

even late at night, past midnight it can still be quite slow
    browsing was even fairly ropey last night
    i gave up playing bf2 online weeks ago as theres too much lag on most servers - hl2 based games seem less bothered by it

Advertisement