Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Laser/ Maestro card on UK websites?

Options
  • 02-05-2006 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi
    I was trying to book accommodation in London on UK based website. The site says that it accepts Maestro. I rang AIB to check about the security code. The first operator I spoke to said the payment wouldn't be accepted because they haven't got over this problem yet. She transferred me to card management services nonetheless and the agent I spoke to said just to enter 000 for the security code and this would be recognised. I did, but the website still didn't process my payment. It said it didn't recognise my credit card. So just wondering if anyone has any up to date info on the laser/maestro security code issue?
    Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I haven't ever managed to use my Maestro in bricks 'n' mortar stores in the UK - works fine in France. Haven't used it online except for CD-WOW

The security code issue certainly affected Laser-type transactions on sites that specifically accepted Lasers eg CD-WOW and typing in 000 as the code worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

I had some problems using it the first few times i tried it and just never bothered since.

I dont see things improving either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sheltie

Thanks for the replies. I looked up Maestro's website and it says that your bank needs to be participating in Maestro e-commerce and needs to activate your Maestro card for web usage http://www.maestrocard.com/internetpurch/

I think I'll get back on to AIB and see if they can give me any more details on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sheltie.. you ever get resolution from AIB about this?

Play.com / SendIt.com both say they accept Maestro but reject payment mentioning number inputting was a Laser card,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

UK has always been messed up with Maestro, seems there was a software update for merchants last year that was supposed fix this. You could try emailing MasterCard as they are now looking after Maestro, but to be honest you are more likely to get your Laser card accepted in the Czech republic, than in Holyhead!

• Advertisement
Advertisement