Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerland car breakers Cork

• 02-05-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know if there is a place in Cork maybe called "Gerland" Scrapyard/dismantlers/car breakers?

Ta in advance. Looking for parts for a Suzuki Swift 99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

Gerlan car parts are in Rutland street in Cork their phone number is 021-4968500 as far as I know. You could also try Great Island Motors in Cobh, phone 021-4811609, they used to be Suzuki dealers and have scrapped loads of Suzuki's over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Rutland street runs from the "cruiscin lan" pub end of douglas street to the south terrace.
    There's a breakers at the bottom of forge hill, pouladuff dismantlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

You guys are legends. Thanks for the quick replys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

cargrouch wrote:
    Rutland street runs from the "cruiscin lan" pub end of douglas street to the south terrace.
    There's a breakers at the bottom of forge hill, pouladuff dismantlers.

It is the most bizarre place to have a car dismantler though! Pretty much the center of the city, and a very valuable site.

McCarthys in Watergrasshill are also quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Also in Cork "Big Sean's" up the mountain outside Ballincollig (near Ovens I think). It's a rare spot. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks again guys. I'll be in the city tomorrow on business, need to pick up a few spare parts.

zapata wrote:
    Also in Cork "Big Sean's" up the mountain outside Ballincollig (near Ovens I think). It's a rare spot. :rolleyes:

Is it what! Kind of a car Hell - where bad cars go when they die! If you know what you want then it's a great place. Haha, it's a form of entertainment getting a part out of there.

All new provisional licence holders should be brought up there and shown just how much a car will disintegrate in a crash and just how lucky you would have been to walk away from some of the cars there.

Big Sean's gives me the creeps tbh, everytime I go up there I get the impression I might not get out alive. If anyone's seen the film "wrong turn" and have been to big Sean's they'll know what I mean.:)

junkyard wrote:
    Big Sean's gives me the creeps tbh, everytime I go up there I get the impression I might not get out alive. If anyone's seen the film "wrong turn" and have been to big Sean's they'll know what I mean.:)

Do you mean U-turn? Jennifer Lopez is in it? And yes I do know what you mean!

*Edit: just to clarify, Junkyard is referring to a different character in that film, I think. If you go to big seans expecting to see anything resembling J-Lo you will be sorely disappointed!!

Is it kinda like those VW beetles in Herbie Rides Again? That one zombie one from the junkyard. Scared the sh*te outta me when I was a child. Don't think I'll be going to Big Seans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

junkyard wrote:

LOL I've only been out there once, and didn't stay long ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

scrapyards are the most bizzare places. every car could tell a tall of woe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rory00

Hi Gang, can anyone tell me, if there are any ford breakers in cork????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jsantos

Hey all!!!

Does anyone know any bmw breakers in cork? Or anyone who buys damaged cars?

I am currently trying to sell a bmw 525 tds (e34 from 96), with an engine and turbo damage, it comes with a spare engine and turbo.

Thanks in advance.
    J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

jsantos wrote:
    Hey all!!!

Does anyone know any bmw breakers in cork? Or anyone who buys damaged cars?

I am currently trying to sell a bmw 525 tds (e34 from 96), with an engine and turbo damage, it comes with a spare engine and turbo.

Thanks in advance.
    J.

Could you not just fit the engine and sell it on the open market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Can anyone direct me to McCarthys in Watergrasshill?

If your coming from Rathcormac you'll need to take the old Watergrasshill road and as your heading up the hill into Watergrasshill there used to be a filling station on your right, it's boarded up now I think but the buildings are still there, take the next left and they're on the left after about a quarter of a mile. If your in the area just ask around, they're well known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 car freak

Rory00 wrote: »
    Hi Gang, can anyone tell me, if there are any ford breakers in cork????
    there is a guy in blackpool who only does fords.he is behind the church on watercourse rd.......

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

can any1 help with mazda body parts in cork city or around it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Roonels wrote: »
    can any1 help with mazda body parts in cork city or around it?

What kinda Mazda are you looking for parts for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

97 323f....4 door hatchback

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dylan123

hi there,
    does anyone know if big sean is still open and his tel no?

also any idea of other nos to get a spare wheel for a transporter..16inch alloy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Big Sean isn't 'officially' open ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dylan123

he was never a very official type of creature after all.

what happened i heard he got done by the tax man and the environ agency....

Long live the Big Sean. A true hero for customer service....long live the king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Big Sean isn't 'officially' open

I was wondering for a while there:) I took a spin up there a few weeks ago and it looked closed, couldn't see any cars there.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

maidhc wrote: »
    It is the most bizarre place to have a car dismantler though! Pretty much the center of the city, and a very valuable site.

McCarthys in Watergrasshill are also quite good.

McCarthys have nothing in stock
    I was there 3x times but never got anything
    They just disposing cars and there is absolute no stock

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

Can anyone direct me to McCarthys in Watergrasshill?

If you coming from Watergrasshill take the second bridge to the right over the M8.
    Drive a half mile and you will be there

Advertisement