Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

johnny vegas on podge and rodge

• 02-05-2006 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

What the ****?

Comments

i know yeah but he was well able for them it was funny to say the least:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Class!

Had it on while doing something else. No idea what the hell he was talking about. ****ing hilarious!! More, please!

And the guy puking up after the chilli challenge? Finally, a competition snip that actually worked! ("What's that on yer head? It's like Brizillian gone wrong!"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

lol johnny vegas was such a legend, he scared the ****e out of podge and rodge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

this was brilliant. It could have been so boring if Vegas didn't do what he did. It would have plodded along with a few fat jokes and jokes about tits and been the same as every other boring episode of the show, the show had run out of steam weeks ago.

But it was excellent, he pretended to be all angry and shouted and totally destroyed the interview. It was really funny to watch and the best moment of the whole series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i hope he ate the both of them at the end of the show!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah i agree, i think the show did slightly run out of steam a few weeks ago.

the show was good when they weren't praising their guests. that was their niche. controversy sells so the more contrversial imo, the better.

the best quote of the series imo was P&R interviewing Marting King:

Podge: So Martin, whats alan hughes like?
    MK: ah he's nice
    Podge: when your organising the xmas party, does everyone give him the wrong directions to the venue?
    MK: (laughs nervously) no no of course not
    Podge: God Martin, i hate the Prick more then I hate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Johhny Vegas seems to always go off on some sort of non sensical rant when on a chat show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

vegas stopped being funny a long time ago he turned into a loud agressive and abusive twat. remember the tsunami relief comedy show where he just decided to abuse the crowd instead and had to be taken off.
    rodge and podge do seem to have gone a little, they aren't half as funny, i think maybe privately RTE has warned them to stop pushing.

yeah maybe RTÉ are trying to tame them a little. hopefully not though, because their sheer random outbursts and "are they allowed say that" sketches are the reason i watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

I think that maybe Podge and Rodge lost their way in the latter weeks, but I have to say Vegas was funny and made the show go out on a bit of a high.:D
    Would`nt P & R be great to have at your dinner party.:D :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thought it was a class show last night, especially the way they slagged of Dungarven. You should have heard the amount of complaints that were submitted to WLRfm this morning about it. People would really need to lighten up and take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Sure they were only telling the truth:D ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

Johnny Vegas? Caught a bit of the show - he looks very like Amanda Brunker.

Johnny Vegas? Caught a bit of the show - he looks very like Amanda Brunker.

yeah since she had that baby...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Enjoyed the episode last night - didn't think Vegas was as good as usual. He was fantastic a week or so back - performed a mini-duet with the Chili's, told the world he was dating Joan Collins and farted in front of her. Genius! :D

Regarding Podge & Rodge, the holiday bit at the start was brillant! :D Most of the Johnny Vegas stuff was great especially Rodge reclining in fear.

Loved when Podge shouted across "Lucy, ya geebag!" and or something like that and it threw Lucy completely off! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What about the night before when the pole dancing competition was on & P/Rodge said something to the effect of "Jaysus, she's holding onto that pole like Brian Kennedy in a mickey factory".

I'd say the RTE legal department phones are hopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

T&#225 wrote: »
    yeah since she had that baby...

You still would :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I didn't think this was all that great. I guess it was good, especially the cowering of Rodge, but not that funny. But I suppose, how do you make fun of a man who makes fun of himself for a living?

I wish though that they had ripped on that air head Brunker. God I can't stand the sight or sound of her. She loves herself far too much.

Aquos76 wrote:
    ou should have heard the amount of complaints that were submitted to WLRfm this morning about it

truth hurts. Dungarvan truely is a **** hole*. i spent too many years there

*may not be 100% true, maybe only 75%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

sh!t and ****, flicked it on for a second but saw a chubby amanda so i turned it off. no idea vegas was on it.

is the show repeated at all??!!!?!! :(

CHAT SHOW: The Podge and Rodge Show
    Channel: RTÉ 2
    Date: Friday 5th May 2006
    Time: 23:40 to 00:40 (starting in 2 days)
    Duration: 1 hour.
    With Lucy Kennedy. Double bill of this week's shows.
    (Repeat)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

R and P have sold out lately. They dont take the piss out of their guests anymore. They had jodie marsh on and all they did was quote her book ffs what is that? If ever someone is ripe for a good slagging (thats an L not a H) its her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

how locked was he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ferdi wrote:
    how locked was he?
    You familiar with Johnny Vegas? Think there's a clause in his contract that he won't perform sober! :D

But i've seen him numerous times and inebriation seems quite forced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He was actually not as drunk as usual on Podge and Rodge. "Semi-sober".:D

yeah he wasn't as drunk as he was on 18 stone of idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

The most interesting thing about Johnny Vegas is trying to figure out whether or not he has any talent. I'm still inclined to the no vote, but can't understand why the BBC seem to rate him.
    Ok, he can go a rant, but that isn't exactly a talent, is it ?

Advertisement