Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brock Lesnar rumoured to fight Bob Sapp on K-1's MMA show.

• 02-05-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Brock Lesnar, after finally coming to a deal with WWE is allowed to now compete in MMA (mixed martial arts). K-1 has jumped at the chance to have him on their MMA show (heroes) and his latest appearances at K-1's Las Vegas show confirms the rumours.

For those who only know Brock as a pro-wrestler, Brock is the real deal. An NCAA amatuer wrestling champion and an all american, Brock has some serious wrestling ability which is one of many great foundations you could have for MMA.

Bob Sapp doesn't really have any great strengths, other than strength itself so I don't think Brock will have to work too much on his submission defense. Sapp does hit very hard however but Fujita took Sapp down at will, so I imagine Brock will be easily able to also. Brock has a long road ahead of him and if he really wants to be a name in MMA, he will have to work on his submission-grappling and striking..

This fight is still rumours at this stage, but I think that Brock will most certainly compete in an MMA match for K-1. Let's see what the old big boy has..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Interesting. I've never seen what sort of skills Brock has, but obviously he's got to be very good to win everything he has. If he's as good as I think, Sapp shouldn't be too much of a problem for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'm not too sure how much of an advantage of strenght Sapp would have over Lesnar, Lesnar is a beast.

I also seem to remember he did a lot of boxing work for cardio etc don't know if this was specific striking skills though!!!

He did appear in a K1 ring last weekend in the States i believe, saying "This ring feels pretty comfortable, i could get used to this."

Would be very interesting to see alright!!

Advertisement