Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This looks promising.

Options
  • 02-05-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Apparently Yoshitaka Amano is doing some work on XIII. I for one am pleased by this. (Lol getting his name past the swear filter is a pain.)

Click me.

On another topic SE are re-releasing some of their older and ultimately out of print games in Japan, granted they won't be released until July over there but make of it what you will. Maybe they will ship a few over here, who knows?

Wisdom located here.

On that note, would anyone here buy them if they were to be re-released this side of the pond? Pure speculation on my part but I'm just asking. Obviously I'd pick up Chrono Trigger et al.

The prices look fairly cheap so hoping for new content is probably a bit optimistic. I know I'd be tempted to buy IX as my current copy isn't in the best working order and the same sort of goes for eight. Tactics however would be the one I'd be keeping my eye out for. Unless I were to buy a Gameboy Advance but thats a matter for another day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I would be tempted to pick up some of the old games. My FF8 is AWOL, as is my FF7 disc three. I don't know how many more times I'd play those though, but definitely once at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I doubt we will see SE rerelease any of those games over here. Firstly SE don't self publish their games in Europe relying on Ubisoft, Sony, EA etc. I doubt these giants would chance releasing them. Also most of those games never received a PAL conversion which would take a lot of time even if SE did the terrible job they usually do (freeware NTSC-PAL convertors do a better job than corporate giant SE ever managed :rolleyes: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I was more interested on your man working on the aul characters for the next game. His work on the games has been of a pretty consistent quality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was never fond of what's his face's art direction. It never really translated into the games anyway.

Advertisement