Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please

Options
  • 03-05-2006 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi There

I am looking at starting a company or registering a business name for two websites I am starting.

My dilema is -

Do I register one main business name i.e Acme Ltd, but then how do I register the 2 domains (for instance www.abc.ie and www.xyz.ie) as the names I require for the websites arent similar to the Business name and as far as I know the Domain registry requires that the domain name be similar or relevant to the business name.

Or do I register 2 separate business names relevent to the domain name I require eg. Call the Domain Name and Business Name www.abc.ie and www.xyz.ie

Basically I want to have one main Ltd company that runs 2 seperate websites that are in the same market. So I will have Acme Ltd and the two main websites that will generate revenue for Acme Ltd will be www.abc.ie and www.xyz.ie

Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 businessAdvisor

Best thing to do is register both as a company as anyone can use a business name, so if you have buiness name and some one sets a company with the same they could in theory get the domain name as they would be the legal entity with that name.

Business names are cheap but not secure, also be carefull that competitors dont register the .com .org or any other version of your valuable business name.

Advertisement