Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Beers - May 13th - The Locke Bar

Options
  • 03-05-2006 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Right then, We seem to be in agreement on this date and venue. So I will create a poll and ye can all give a show of hands as to whether or not ye can attend. Also feel free to use this thread to discuss the event.

It might be prudent to show up before 8pm as the place fills up pretty much after that and we might not be able to find each other.

Can you go to the beers session 6 votes

Yes I can attend
    0% 0 votes
    Sorry but no, I cannot attend
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well depending on finding this pub I should be able to make this :p. So where is this pub then?

BTW I'll be the guy that looks completely lost, it will be my first weekend down there after all :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm in.

The Locke if I'm not mistaken is right acoss the river from Trinity Rooms, the place with the chairs usually outside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

does he know the trinity rooms? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Inge Binge wrote:

I'll answer that one for you.... No! I've heard of them but not a clue where it is.

Lets put this in context the last time I was actually in Limerick City and out of the car, Brown Thomas was still Todd's (or what ever it was called) and I was still buying Commadore 64 games! So as you can guess my map of limerick is a bit on the rusty side :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Here is a large map (2mb!) of Limerick City center.

As a point of reference, Brown Thomas is on O'Connell St. between William St. and Thomas St.

The Locke Bar is north-east of there, above the tributary off the Shannon, where it says "Anti War Memorial".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Inge Binge wrote:

Should have thought of that :o

Good map there TmB, saved for future use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Obvious question how will we know each other ???

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Paah! Just spotted this... Working Sat night!.... :¬\

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I will stick my head round the door to say hello. I can't stay the whole night however as I have a communion on the same day and have to head out to adare that night as well.

Advertisement