Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Daly gambling problems

• 03-05-2006 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I knew he has been having troubles for a few years now, very sad to see the extent of it. Heres a little bit from the article, in full here

And the former Open champion reckons his total losses in the last 12 years could be as much as $60million.

"If I don't get control of my gambling, it's going to flat-out ruin me," states Daly.

He lost in a play-off to Tiger Woods at the Amex championship in San Francisco and says he drove to Las Vegas and lost just over $1,500,000, mostly on slot machines and half of that in just 30 minutes.

I hope he can pick himself out of it, I think hes exciting to watch when at the top of his game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yea I thought that he'd made progress since the bad old days, obviously not.

The Indo had a good article a couple of months back recalling all his trials and tribulations. Looks like there will be additions made to that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Madness, some serious gambling... Well looks like he'll have one hell of a book to write tho! Might go towards paying off some debts..

Advertisement