Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to validate game version

Options
  • 03-05-2006 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I was playing fine till last night..

This morning woke up early, the game installed the minor patch automatically.

Wow launches fine, says I have the latest version. But when i enter user/pass, it says "unable to validate game version this may be caused by file corruption or interference of another program"

I've installed minor patches before no problems, and I told my firewall already to accept WoW, currently running WoW repair tool to try and fix the problem.

Anyone else had any similar problems in the past? do i need to re-install (would be a pain) or delete the patch.mpq and repatch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

edit: looks like it was just to do with the servers being down for patching etc. As i'm not having any trouble any more. I guess I've never patched so soon after the update before which is why i had this trouble :)

oh yes and this means i'm back to playing WoW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I hope someone remembered to migrate you, otherwise you're left on Bladefist with only Divinitus (no idea) left as the alliance guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

think he already migrated to genjuros?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

so, is bladefist well and truly dead then? i've read alot about mass migrations, which is a shame. someone also mentioned something about bladefist not getting a hardware upgrade, and thats why everyone is leaving...is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

That was part of the reason, but big guilds were moving because the queues made top level raiding annoying (if you get disconnected you'd often have to queue for 30 mins which impacts the raid), and the server lag was nasty. Of course now we have queues on the new server, but at least they aren't as bad, and I haven't found the lag to be as bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I had migrated to genjuros AGES ago before I quit wow. But i've lost that account anyway and starting a fresh as a level 6 newbie currently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ooooh, what server/race/class? :o

Play a druid!

wats yur char name ivan? maybe i can gank you sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Kiith wrote:
    so, is bladefist well and truly dead then? i've read alot about mass migrations, which is a shame. someone also mentioned something about bladefist not getting a hardware upgrade, and thats why everyone is leaving...is that true?
    Bladefist is dead, RIP.

Ivan is horde on Outland so.. kind of hard for you to gank him Horse ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

ack Horse, why did you have to stop playing your druid? always has fun try to chase down after your druid in WSG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Plus that druid had TITS gear :/

I'm back playing on the druid :D

Advertisement