Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me a rough price for replaceing oil burner with wood pellets

• 03-05-2006 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am starting out on my quest to go green. Solar doesnt cut the mustard cost wise. Does anyone here have any info on th following specific case.
    I need to replace my current oil burner (outside) and oil tank with a wood pellet burner and storage for 3-4 tons of pellets. The area of the house is 1500 square meters.

What i'm looking for from the knowledgable is if its even possible and if so, a rough cost of this replacement and also how much can i get towards it in a grant? Also is the grant even available at the moment?

I've read several threads here, but they seem to concern new builds. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

1,500 sq metres --- you're going to need a second house for the wood pellets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

As you may have noticed, that should be square feet :)

Advertisement