Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come my broadband is not working properly

• 03-05-2006 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am on UTV broadband, and for the past couple of weeks it does not seem to be working properly. I have never had a problem before.

The local area connection status thingy says it is connected but it only seems to be sending packets but not receiving them. (see attachement) Is there anyway to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Best bet would be to ring UTV and ask them to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

Connection showing as 10mb , strange connection speed as most modems and routers now are 100mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all

paste up the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Depends how you connect to modem/router. I use a b type wireless ethernet bridge and so my LAN connection will say it is connected at 10mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all

paste up the results

Will do that this evening. Am at work now.

Also, I probably should say that I seem to get a connection sometimes, (about 1 in every 6 or 7 times I try).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

techie wrote:
    Connection showing as 10mb , strange connection speed as most modems and routers now are 100mb?
    USB only connects at 10mb.

Advertisement