Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher not working

Options
  • 03-05-2006 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

How do...I recently bought a house that came with a fairly new dishwasher. Whenever I turn it on it makes an attempt to start filling with water i.e. it makes nosie for about 10 - 15 seconds but then stops completely and the green light beside the Start button starts flashing. I spoke to the previous owner and she says it was working when she left. I've taken out the filter and cleaned it and all other connections seem to be ok. Anyone have any ideas? If I get someone to look at it it will probably cost almost as much as buying a new one! Cheers Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Which filter did you clean, the one at the water inlet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

The big one on the floor of the machine...it unscrews and lifts out and there are 2 parts to it one that sits inside the other. Tink that's the only filter on it but I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's often a small inline filter in the end of the filler pipe that screws onto the water supply. That can sometimes get full of crud from the water suply and restrict the water flow.

Also if the fault really does occurr in the first 10-15 seconds after starting, it probably hasn't even got around to filling yet. It first goes through a "regeneration cycle", flushing salt through the water softener (that's what makes the noise), before that happens (at least it does on the last 3 dishwashers I have).

Ok so water may not be getting into it...will check that other filter cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You might get some info here

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=33

I found it useful when I had a problem last year.

• Advertisement

Thaks for that...very good site. I've read some of the threads there so might try to tackle it myself......Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Sounds like the problem is happening during the fill cycle - the most obvious thing is to check whether the water tap is turned on. Should have a small valve which will be in line with the pipe when open, at right angles to the pipe when closed. If you disconnect the hose from its dishwasher end you'll find out fairly quickly - no spills, no supply.

Advertisement