Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poxy Semesterised Repeats

Options
  • 03-05-2006 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Doing my Commerce finals, in no doubt that therell be one or two ill have to repeat, and thanks to the semesterisation it wont be unil December that ill get the chance to repeat them, and thats a bloody long wait. Question is how many times can you fail your finals, or defer it for. Is december the last chance to pass, or could i defer til next summer or continually fail until december 07? Whens the cut off point where u fail the course, or can u continue paying your repeat money and do the exams until infininty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I heard you get 4 goes in Commerce, but that's just what I heard from some one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I think - THINK, so don't take this with any idea of authority - you can only sit each exam twice at maximum, but you can substitute any failed exam with the exam for another elective which I guess you can also sit twice.

Tbh you'd be best off emailing Joseph McMahon and asking him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Whose Joseph McMahon? 4 attempts sounds good i could live with that, 2 would be poxy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Whose Joseph McMahon? 4 attempts sounds good i could live with that, 2 would be poxy
    Maybe I got my name wrong, I thought he was the BComm course admin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

All that stuff should be in marks and standards for your course which can be found at http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/marks/m&s_2005_2006/Bus&Law2005_06.doc
    for you.

Most people will refer you back to them if they don't have a clue and that's what they'll reference giving you an answer for the most part so it's probably your best bet for a straight answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement