Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

unless Dublin has some peculiar system whereby the council does the digging for the telcos its normal for eircom to dig their own street ducts , same for NTL .

Did you look at the hatches last night and do they say 'eircom' on them ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

Sponge Bob wrote:
    unless Dublin has some peculiar system whereby the council does the digging for the telcos its normal for eircom to dig their own street ducts , same for NTL .

Did you look at the hatches last night and do they say 'eircom' on them ???

Nope, ended up going to the pub on my way home, i will have a look this evening though!

reallybad wrote:
    Nope, ended up going to the pub on my way home, i will have a look this evening though!

not on your way home from the pub now head.....it could be a deep hole :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Ah sure if he falls in he'll make enough money out of the corporation or eircom to move in somewhere with broadband. It might be the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I spoke to the corpo guys this morning

They said they are fixing up the cobbles after the gas main was installed down castleforbes road.

When i asked them about the eircom ducting they shrugged and said the road would probably end up being bug up again!

Reallybad, do you wanna call Maria, or will I?

I tried the ripwave and agree its brutal, but at least its the internet (of some sort!)

• Advertisement

geecee wrote:
    Reallybad, do you wanna call Maria, or will I?

Also consider your neighbours, they are all having the same problems as yourselves.

You could be nice to them and write a summary of the issues (no cable laid = no phone line ) and the contact information for eircom out and print it. I am sure that there is a communal noticeboard in the lobby of your apartment block where you can post these things up.

Only pressure and ideally lots and lots of concerted pressure and bad press coverage too , makes any difference to eircom .

Bertie Ahern should be running his weekly clinic in Drumcondra tomorrow, a visit to your local TD Bertie may help things along too , he would be able to hassle Phil as well .

A guy here at work is going to give me his clearwire transmitter on loan for a night next week and i can let you know how i get on with that, it should work i hope! I can let you know next week Greecee!

Also I guess you have seen all the filthy rubbish along the side of the street on Castleforbes road, its disgusting. I have just rang up Dublin City council to complain and she said she would get somebody out to clean it up!

Also one of the girls from work here is also buying in CastleForbes and her Dad works for Eircom and she is going to put him on the case for a phone line also so hopefully we can have some kind of a resolvement although i wont hold me breath!

Hi Greecee, just to let you know i am going to set up an email address and will try and advertise it on the notice boards around the buildings and see if there are a number of things pissing people off around the place.

If we have numbers of people then we can surely get something done to make it a better place for us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

Sounds like a plan lads.

I'm also in Castleforbes Sq. and also Block D. We should set up a separate thread to discuss the issues of the block/apartments.
    This way we can coordinate our efforts and plan of attack.

Done! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51334108

Goosey wrote:
    Sounds like a plan lads.

I'm also in Castleforbes Sq. and also Block D. We should set up a separate thread to discuss the issues of the block/apartments.
    This way we can coordinate our efforts and plan of attack.

• Advertisement

Hi ReallyBad
    Nice to see that your request to Dublin City Council to have teh street cleaned up seems to have worked!
    Now if only you could get them to gig a conduit for eircom as quickly!

geecee wrote:
    Hi ReallyBad
    Nice to see that your request to Dublin City Council to have teh street cleaned up seems to have worked!
    Now if only you could get them to gig a conduit for eircom as quickly!

if only, i am going to get onto Bertie to see what he can do. If not i will try and create some bad press in the papers if they will listen to me. I have a link in one of the national papers and see what i can get there.....

any further CastleForbes issues can be put in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054928212

thanks RB

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Any word on the phones and broadband situation? I'm going to be moving in shortly....

I had my phone line installed last thursday...
    It now passes the BB test (but unfortunately no Smart in the area)and I'll be ordering BB as soon as I decide which is the best deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tooler2000

I just moved into Castleforbes and have been there for 3 weeks. In relation to sky conway, they are rubbish and as far as I am aware, if four or more apartments say that they want Sky Digital, then it's possible to get it installed and supplied directly, not through Sky Conway (I.E no additional payments to Sky Conway)...

Please let me know, if anyone else knows anything about this?

In relation to broadband, eircom (unfortunatly) are about the only option (unless you want slow ripwave). At the moment their connenction and installation for the master socket in the apartment is free, so order it now. (It still takes 10 working days though), and dont let them tell you that you have to pay for an engineer to come out and install it, because you dont. I have had this argument with them twice now.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tooler2000

I just moved into Castleforbes and have been there for 3 weeks. In relation to sky conway, they are rubbish and as far as I am aware, if four or more apartments say that they want Sky Digital, then it's possible to get it installed and supplied directly, not through Sky Conway (I.E no additional payments to Sky Conway)...

Please let me know, if anyone else knows anything about this?

In relation to broadband, eircom (unfortunatly) are about the only option (unless you want slow ripwave). At the moment their connenction and installation for the master socket in the apartment is free, so order it now. (It still takes 10 working days though), and dont let them tell you that you have to pay for an engineer to come out and install it, because you dont. I have had this argument with them twice now.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 davem75

See www.Castleforbesresidents.com for comments on this .

Thanks

Advertisement