Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House listing and pricing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Strange,

My initial thoughts on reading the post was that there were two different agents listing it as I have seen this before (house for sale next to me has two different agents selling and appeared in the local paper recently with two different prices).

I can only assume that there was a lack of communication in the office and two different people uploaded the house with their own estimate of price (think it's a case of pick a price, any price!).

As regards the price. With the house market at the moment, 2 and a half years is a long time ago with respect to comparing prices. On that new home-buying show last night on RTE, the price of a house jumped 30k from the asking price in a matter of hours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

paulocon wrote:

As regards the price. With the house market at the moment, 2 and a half years is a long time ago with respect to comparing prices. On that new home-buying show last night on RTE, the price of a house jumped 30k from the asking price in a matter of hours!!
    I wouldn't consider the asking prices jump as a price rise just the way they price houses is not very accurate.
    However an 80% increase on actual prices in 2 and half years is very high. That is more than 20% year on year which is higher than the price rise norms AFAIK. If it is usual then people must be really messed up to get on the ladder.

Who is buying a house like this? I am guessing it is people upgrading becasue who else has this money?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Who is buying a house like this? I am guessing it is people upgrading becasue who else has this money?
    not much of an upgrade.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Lex Luthor wrote:
    not much of an upgrade.....:eek:
    You don't think a 3 bed house of 1400 sq feet with a 120 foot garden less than 4 miles from O'Connol street is out of the reach of most people?:eek:

I don't know what you live in but I can't afford this on my wages and don't live in such a big house close to the city. My friend gets to work by bicycle in 25 minutes in town. That is less than an hour commute a day. Worth money to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

One weird thing is it doesn't even have a for sale sign on the house. THe last weird thing is a friend bought a similar house in the same little estate 2 and half years ago at €360k.
    Some of those houses probably vary a lot in size, both the house and the grounds.

Both ad.s are now showing €635,000

• Advertisement
Advertisement