Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football - Charlesland kickabout??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

I agree if we could get even five or six a side the games would be much improved.

However owens right it's an excuse to get away from the ball and chain.
    Jonathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

C'mon lads.
    Lets get some decent numbers together for next Monday night. We should be able to put a seven aside together without too many problems. Fair play to everyone who's shown up so far, and to Ciaran for getting this off the ground.
    Lets see some more bodies next week.
    I wouldn't exactly call the standard "samba", or "total football", but it's an excuse to get away from the missus and anklebiters for an hour.
    See you all there on Monday
    Owen

Looks like we've just organised a resident's committee meeting for Monday:( I am really tryign to make this, but Thursday nights the last 2 weeks were impossible and now it looks like Monday this week :mad: But I will be there ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Is there football this Monday coming (9th)? I have about 6 or 7 bibs that I can bring along if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hey Manny,

Yep, football this monday at 8pm.

I've had a look at bibs on ebay and bought some so hope to have them shortly. Please do bring your bibs along. Looking forward to meeting you.

Ciarán.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Is there still places to play football + how much is it. I could make tonight.

• Advertisement

Hi Coolhand,

There are a couple of places left and you are more than welcome to come along. If you would like to play every week you will need to contribute to the 'float' which was paid last week between us. The cost of the pitch rental each week is €65.

When there are too many people looking to play we would like to keep a list so if a regular can't play we can contact someone to sub.

See you later,

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

Sorry guys - I'd missed the post saying the football had started. I'll be there tonight. Do you know what pitch you will be on i.e. how do I work out which one is all of ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dimensions

Hey Guys,
    I'm having a load fo friends over in 3 weeks time, and we're thinking of a game of footie before heading to the pub.

Is Dominic still the manager and does anyone have a number for him, want to see if there are any free slots on a Saturday.

Thanks,

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dimensions

Also is Dominic also in charge of the track? Anyone know if people are allowed to practice field events?

Hey weebelly,

If you go through the steel gate at the top of the hill, we have court number 5 (not labelled yet) which is the last pitch on the left down the pathway.

Dimension, Dominic is the manager alright...you probably will get to talk to Seamus if you head up to the office at the changing facilities. They seem to be open early till about 10pm.

See you later,

Ciarán.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Good to have lots of peole turn up last week. We had 14 people and that didn't include the 4 people missing from the previous week. I've had further interest during the week. Unfortunately we might have to do 3 teams and run 3 matches over twenty minutes.

I've organised a large pitch from the following week.

In the meantime I managed to get an 8 o'clock slot on Thursdays. Hopefully we can cut the numbers up over the two nights and if someone can't play on their chosen night they can ring a guy from the other night to fill in for them. Keeps it fair!

See you all again tomorrow night,

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

astrofluff wrote:
    Hey guys,

Good to have lots of peole turn up last week. We had 14 people and that didn't include the 4 people missing from the previous week. I've had further interest during the week. Unfortunately we might have to do 3 teams and run 3 matches over twenty minutes.

I've organised a large pitch from the following week.

In the meantime I managed to get an 8 o'clock slot on Thursdays. Hopefully we can cut the numbers up over the two nights and if someone can't play on their chosen night they can ring a guy from the other night to fill in for them. Keeps it fair!

See you all again tomorrow night,

Ciarán.

Well done Ciarán! I'm sure lots of people would prefer Thursday so hopefully we'll have a good balance. And there's always those who'd like to play both nights...

We also need to think of a way to make it easier to keep accounts of payments so that you won't end up putting money from your own pocket for float etc... we'll talk about that tonight.

Just a quick note to say there a pitch booked today for 8pm and every Thursday for those who can't play on a Monday or those who want to play twice a week.

If you are half-thinking of going please do drop up as I fear numbers will be low. Slap on an tracksuit, t-shirt and runners and I'll see you up at the pitch.

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know we are looking for 2 or 3 more players for the Monday slot at 8pm at Charlesland Astroturf pitches. Things have been going great over the last six months with most people turning up every week. As a couple of the lads have dropped off the radar, there's space for more.

Send me a PM if you are interested. We're not the skill is average (speaking for myself obviously) but its a good run around for the best part of an hour! Look, either you watch Eastenders and Corrie or you play football - You'll feel more of a man if you do the latter.

astrofluff wrote:
    Hey Guys,

Just to let you know we are looking for 2 or 3 more players for the Monday slot at 8pm at Charlesland Astroturf pitches. Things have been going great over the last six months with most people turning up every week. As a couple of the lads have dropped off the radar, there's space for more.

Send me a PM if you are interested. We're not the skill is average (speaking for myself obviously) but its a good run around for the best part of an hour! Look, either you watch Eastenders and Corrie or you play football - You'll feel more of a man if you do the latter.

I'm in Astro, but you're not allowed to kick me anymore. Should help bring the skill level down below average.

Any game this Monday and is Birdwatcher still still rampant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Marcais wrote:
    I'm in Astro, but you're not allowed to kick me anymore. Should help bring the skill level down below average.

Any game this Monday and is Bridwatcher still still rampant?

No games this Monday, AFAIK.
    And Bird Watcher is still around, but I wouldn't call it "rampant" exactly... more of a waddle... :D

MuffinsDa wrote:
    And Bird Watcher is still around, but I wouldn't call it "rampant" exactly... more of a waddle... :D

You might be getting "waddled" into the fencing one Monday ;)

Marcais wrote:

Any game this Monday and is Birdwatcher still still rampant?

Marcais, if you are in the way while I'm kicking the ball, it's your own hard luck. Birdwatcheris still about but he plays more an anchor man...a guy at the back....a goial keeper perhaps!

Right, so that's one person in the fold....don't make me put a sign up in Superquinn...come on guys - it's great craic, put your name in if you fancy a kickabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EmmetD

Hey Ciaran. Haven't been able to make it the last few weeks, but I'll be back playing Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

MuffinsDa wrote:

List of people to hobble next Monday

1. Muffins Da

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Lads - just wondering if you still needed any players for Monday nights??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Well!??

Mondays, 8 pm, we're on pitch one or two (it has changed over the last couple of weeks). When you go in the gate to the pitches, we're generally on the first two on the right (if we're already playing one team will be in blue bibs) - just ask for any of Ciaran, Damien, Steve, Marcais, Mark, John (either of them), Owen, Miles, Shane or Pascal. Don't ask for Ash - he's always late...

we already have enough numbers for our game on Mondays...yes people don't turn up sometimes but they pay for their slot and they get their game if the turn up.

The problem is I have 12 names for Monday - Its a 6 a-side pitch...do the maths!

We have a regular fill-in by the name of Shane...it would unfair to allow mcgiggy to join permenantly if I didn't offer a space to Shane first...nevertheless we have the numbers already.

McGiggy...would you be available for fill-ins the odd week?

Eh, mea culpa astro. Mcgiggy - you could always start a new thread and see who is interested. As astro points out - we have 12 already - and ours started about a year as this thread. Astro - you get one free kick at my ankles on Monday....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

Hey McGiggy,
    I'd be interested in getting a game together. Might know a couple of other lads too..

Do you wanna start a new thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 teasup

Dmckeown wrote:
    Hey McGiggy,
    I'd be interested in getting a game together. Might know a couple of other lads too..

Do you wanna start a new thread?

Lads,

I'd be interest too.

Teasup

teasup wrote:
    Lads,

I'd be interest too.

Teasup

If you could make it a night other than Monday, (not Tuesday please!) I'd be up for it, some of the other yahoos who play on Monday would probably be up for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

Tuesday doesnt suit me either... Thur would be ideal..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 teasup

Dmckeown wrote:
    Tuesday doesnt suit me either... Thur would be ideal..!

Thursday would suit me too.

Advertisement