Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football - Charlesland kickabout??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

teasup wrote:
    Thursday would suit me too.

Me three. Thursday would be Grrreat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Thursday nights would be great.
    Just a word of warning....it's been tried before...with next to no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

All it needs are some serious guys about playing football on a Thursday...I'd offer to join but I couldn't do the two games in the week, although I'd be able for the odd fill-in (especially after a bank holiday monday!).

What happened last time around was that it involved half the guys from Monday and a group of lads who knew each other...every now and then some of that group didn't turn up leaving us a little short (making a 4 aginst 3 a pain in the...legs?). Anyhow, I reckon if you can get your hands on some random people, serious about doing it on a Thursday, that it would work quite well. IAnd I know that if you know you're going to be short one week that a quick message to me or one of the other guys, not Muffinsda, will get you a few bods on loan (fee applicable for the hire).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Yeah im available for filling in - the odd monday - I already play up in Charlesland on a tues night and thurs night so...im game on - any of the other lads that want to play on a thurs night send me a prvt mail with name and number and i will pass it on to the organiser...Chiz lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

The Yipper wrote:
    Thursday nights would be great.
    Just a word of warning....it's been tried before...with next to no success.
    We have a slot at 9.00pm for an hour every Thursday. Recently we have been struggling to get the numbers and you are very welcome to come along.

We were actually talking about giving it up for good this week but it would be great to keep it going if we can. Your response may decide on its fate, no pressure:rolleyes:

Send me a private message if you are interested as soon as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

I can be there tonight if you need an extra body. Wouldn't be able to make it EVERY Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

Hi all

Yeah you can defo count me in

Hi Guys, As three of the lads we play with are giving their place up for the Monday 8pm-9pm slot on Pitch 2 we are looking for replacements who wish to play. One of the places has already been taken so do the maths. If you don't fancy watching soaps on Mondays and would like a good run around to start your week off then send me a PM.

PS. two of lads leaving are guys that are relatively good and did most of the running (Birdwatcher is quite the opposite) so even if you are crap there won't be much competition.

Cheers Astro
    DEAD MAN WALKING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Is there still a shortage or players on thursdays. Might pop up if youse are short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 C.J.

Hi everyone.

This is my first time posting in this thread so I'm just trying to get up to date!

I'm living in Charlesland and I'm available for a game of 5-a-side on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I'd just like to know if anyone has a place available, any of those nights after 6pm? I don't mind paying for a set period but will happily fill in too.

I'm no Maradonna but can run a bit :p

Any and all replies appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ciarán

• Registered Users Posts: 18 C.J.

Anyone? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Grovey

my better half might be he needs it :D

astrofluff wrote: »
    Hi Guys, As three of the lads we play with are giving their place up for the Monday 8pm-9pm slot on Pitch 2 we are looking for replacements who wish to play. One of the places has already been taken so do the maths. If you don't fancy watching soaps on Mondays and would like a good run around to start your week off then send me a PM.

PS. two of lads leaving are guys that are relatively good and did most of the running (Birdwatcher is quite the opposite) so even if you are crap there won't be much competition.

I have two spaces again for the Monday slot at 8pm. PM me and let me know if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

Hi
    Myself and my brother would be very interested in the soccer on Mondays, I myself havent played for about 10 years so be good to get the fitness back up (and the touch of course!) my bro plays a decent standars for AFC Greystones so ill make sure im on his team!
    How do I go about PM to make arrangements?
    Cheers James

essentialjc - Only one spot left. The skill level is fairly low-medium, MuffinsDa will vouch for that. As for Birdwatcher, he doesn't bother running anymore (and that's if he turns up).

Some take it serious (like keep score), others don't - Its a good bit of fun to start off the week.

To PM me with a phone number click Private Messages (above right), click Send New Message (middle left) and type my name in the recipients box. Other names starting with the same letters will come up as you type it.

Cheers, Astrofluff!

New list of people to hobble on my return in February

1. Astrofluff

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

pm'd you yesterday AF and hoping for a response at some stage... ;)

New list of people to hobble on my return in February

1. Astrofluff

Just checking you are still about! I'm hobbling after Monday's game - It's gonna be no different next week then.
    JanneG wrote: »
    pm'd you yesterday AF and hoping for a response at some stage... ;)

Got the messages JanneG, apologies for not responding but I took note of your interest when completing my previous post - Have now replied to you with info of who, when, where, how much etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

Anyone interested in a Friday night game, 7-8pm, PM me... we've 10 players, looking to get a pool of about 12 for people missing from week to week....

• Advertisement

If there is anyone interested in playing 6-a-side every Monday evening (except Public Holidays) at 8pm in Charlesland Sports and Recreational Park please send me a PM. Currently looking for 2 players (you have to play in net for some of the game - this will give you a break from the erm, fast pace)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Interested in Playing football any night, any time,..

Was playing up in Charlesland every Monday and Friday night but with lads back playing ball and other commitments we had to scrap the games.

I'd consider myself a half decent player but not very fit at present,

Regards

Earlsie

Earlsie wrote: »
    Interested in Playing football any night, any time,..

Was playing up in Charlesland every Monday and Friday night but with lads back playing ball and other commitments we had to scrap the games.

I'd consider myself a half decent player but not very fit at present,

Regards

Earlsie

Earlsie, PM sent with contact details for me.

We are currently looking for a couple of guys for the Monday 8pm slot. As you've probably read on here, the skill level is mixed so I suppose you'd fit in nicely. Now, when I say mixed I mean Birdwatcher's skills are mixed...one week bad, the next week hopeless - you get the picture...

...on go the shin guards for tonight!

Motherf***er!

There'll be three free spots available from tomorrow night.
    Unfortualtely Astro won't be able to play from now on, due to two broken knees and severe mental trauma

oh mammy help :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

If there is a place still availble, then i can make it even numbers...

I can play out, have been known to score but I'm outta breath in 10 mins... (Smoke and Drink)
    Although, played in nets for North Wales when I was 13-14 years old..

Been many moons since then...

Welsh, PM'ed you with contact info.

Due to the summer months kicking in full time there is a requirement for about additional 3 players. Send a PM if you're interested.

Again, skill level is mixed so you'll fit in just in case you think you're Ronaldo (MuffinsDa).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hi,

Sorry for dragging this up but im looking for a game, if anyone is looking for a player.

Playing in another 5 a side team in work for the last 5 months but am being let go and I really want to keep the fitness up I'm not a Pele but am available.

• Advertisement

Hi JJJJNR,

PM sent.

Astrofluff.

Advertisement