Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SE P900 Vodafone Email Problem

• 03-05-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a second hand P900 for use on the Vodafone Network. I entered all the settings provided on the VF site for my handset several times and even step by step with VF tech support. Despite this when I try to check email on the VF account I get:
    The POP3 server refused to allow a connection.
    Check your mailbox username and password.
    Also check the account is not being used elsewhere.

VF tech support have set up a P900 with the identical settings and got their phone to work and I have set up an IOL email account on my phone and it works fine. I can SEND emails using the VF account just not collect them. The username and password are correct as I use them to log into VF Live ! plus they are used for authorising me to use the SMTP server in order to send mail.

VF tech support (NOT Customer Support) are baffled as am I, anyone here have any ideas??

ZEN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Update:

Did a firmware update on SEs update site. Now has the latest everything installed. Problem remains with Vodafone Email though. This is an unbadged/unbranded phone if that helps any.

Can anyone help here?

ZEN

Advertisement